Who Would Win? Best Mom Edition!

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

This week we’re celebrating some of the biggest superheroes of all: MOMS!

Throughout DC there’s a lot of great moms, and also a ton of really bad moms. However, today, we’re celebrating two of the absolute BEST moms in the DC universe!

This is NOT a question about who would win in a fight, but who is the best mom! Give us your reasoning and vote, below!

Martha Kent vs. Queen Hippolyta

• Martha Kent
  • Queen Hippolyta

0 voters

16 Likes

WW’s mom didn’t even want her to be WW. Martha Kent gave us Superman.

Plus, I bet she bakes better pies. Who doesn’t like pie?!?

16 Likes

I suppose Ma Kent is the more supportive mother, but she’s kinda boring (except maybe in Birthright). Hippolyta offers us a more compelling and complex mother/daughter relationship. Plus, she was in a Shakespeare play. Take that, Martha…or Mary…or Sarah. Whatever your name is.

8 Likes

Yeah, but…pie.

9 Likes

Bye bye, Martha’s apple pie.

2 Likes

Flew the invisible jet down to the levee, but the levee was dry. :cry:

5 Likes

Martha Kent cause she has the love and caring like most mothers has.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

There are some great versions of Hippolyta, and some not-so-great ones… but Martha is always the best.

9 Likes

And good Kent boys drinking [REDACTION: We here at DC Comics would never depict Superman drinking an alcoholic beverage. As such, we have chosen to reissue this post with "SODA POP’ in lieu of the original lyric.]

6 Likes

Singing that will be the day that Supes dies…and is resurrected after four other people pretend to be himmmmm…

5 Likes

Because…MARTHA!!

10 Likes

WHEREFORE DlDST THOU UTTER YON MONIKER?!

8 Likes

There would be no Superman without Martha, but Wonder Woman is in spite of Hippolyta.

The world would be in big trouble if Kal-El didn’t have Martha as his parent.

9 Likes

Martha Kent has always been supportive and along with Pa Kent helped bring the world Superman. Ma Kent has always given Clark great advice plus, the pie thing is a big plus as well!

5 Likes

Ah Martha. Yes in each iteration of Martha I have seen she always was there for Clark. Beginning from the surprise of her to saying Jonathan look in the pilot of Smallville, to making the world a little bit smaller for Clark in Man of Steel as some examples. Also, definitely @ralphsix because pie! :superman_hv_4:

I do thank Queen Hippolyta for letting Diana become the woman we can all be in wonder about though. :no_good_woman: :sunglasses: :+1:

6 Likes

I’m very tempted to say “Alfred.”

Over her history, Hippolyta has made some very good decisions and some very bad ones, and her relationship with Diana has occasionally been pretty strained. Now, I think that makes Hippolyta a more interesting character, sure, but I wouldn’t say she’s the better mother.

9 Likes

Hippolyta can be way too stuck up, Martha Ken is more approachable for advice

2 Likes

Pretty sure my Ma would kick both their butts!

6 Likes

I voted for the one who is most like my real mother. She has her warm, gentle moments when it comes to her babies, fact, but my mom is Hippolyta all the way—and I wouldn’t have her any other way! I got the support/discipline/examples I needed, when I needed it and still do. Her fierce wit and perseverance made me who I am. :heart: Team Amazon Queen! :fist::wink:

6 Likes

Martha. She taught Clark compassion and loved him no matter what. She and Pa Kent are the ones who influenced superman the most to become who he is. Also, she is probably a great listener and advice giver. Baked goods can fix any problem. Definitely the better mother figure.

However, if it comes for advice on tactics and petty revenge, I’m calling Hippolyta.

7 Likes