Who Would Win: Batman or Wonder Woman?

Bats is super paranoid so I’m guessing he has something on standby for if Diana went rogue. I think he would “win” but not without at least 100 broken bones and a missing limb before she finally fell

This is a tough one! Personally, I think it would ultimately come down to how long they each have to prepare. Batman’s ability to break down his opponents can’t really be underestimated, but Wonder Woman wouldn’t be someone to leave herself open if she knew Batman was targetting her.

What’s the sound of one neck snapping?

Wondy wins.

1 Like

They spar-- one realizes there is something wrong with the other-- the first one helps the second there-- and our heroes team and take down whoever caused this mess in the first place!

2 Likes

I think Diana would take the win, but we have to remember that Batman has already prepped to take on anyone he could think of.

1 Like

Bats beats just about anyone (Superman is controversial) but I’ve never thought about Wonder Woman
It seems that Batman can beat Superman In some story arcs and Wonder Woman isn’t near as powerful as Superman.

1 Like

See, I think she could take on Supes easy. She is related to the gods, after all.

This notion of it being a “fair fight” simply because you remove prep time (Batman’s greatest weapon) isn’t really accurate. If you wanting to measure skill, Wonder Woman would need to be depowered. If she’s not, then it’s obviously one sided in her favor, 80/20.
If you remove her power, both remove gadgets and weapons, and have them rely just on skill, that would be fun to watch. I’d say 70/30 for Batman if that’s the case. Part of what I love about Batman is his ability to learn from his failures and come back stronger, so I’d enjoy what would come of a round 2.

3 Likes

However Bats need an edge, usually in the form of kryponite (something or other). Diana has no such Achilles heel.

As for depowered, no gadgets or weapons, it really depends on rules of engagement. If it’s a fight to the death, Diana would go for the kill shot without hesitation. Batman wouldn’t. So I still give the edge to WW.

The truth is as at minimum an Amazon, let alone as an Olympian goddess, she’s faster, stronger & just as skilled in combat, arguably more so, than Bats.

Batman

3 Likes

Wonder Woman could make the beat down Bats got from Bane look like a paper cut. She is faster, stronger and as well trained in combat as Bruce. Bruce is more determined, but he would be at too much of a disadvantage.

1 Like

Every character has a quality that Batman can’t defeat. Batman is just a regular human, and everybody else has some type of powers. No matter how much Batman prepares he cannot make up the difference in strength between him and Wonder Woman. If Superman uses any of his powers other than his strength he could defeat. He doesn’t have to get close to Batman to beat him. He can use heat vision or his ice breath or run too fast for kryptonite to affect him. With green lanterns weakness to yellow gotten rid of, then Batman can’t defeat him. Flash can run too fast for Batman to do anything against him. You can usually tell how powerful each hero is based on their enemies. Wonder Woman fights against gods like Ares, Superman fights against aliens like Zod or Mongol, Green Lantern fights against people like Sinestro, and Batman fights against people like the Joker and Bane. If you switch everybody’s enemies, then who would Batman actually be able to defeat. He never really defeats anybody with super powers.

1 Like

@Kent.53457

You had an case until “He never really defeats anybody with super powers.” He does that all the time. But, to your point, he loses often too.

I guess there are some people that he beats that have super powers, but I probably should have said that he doesn’t beat anybody on the level that the others do. I was just thinking about his most famous villains, but there are some that have powers. I’m sure that there are some that he defeats that have powers, but right now I can only think of Clayface and Killer Croc. His enemies kind of remind me of Captain America’s. I’m not saying that his enemies are Nazi’s but if you look at most of Captain America’s enemies most of them don’t have super powers.

batman always seems to win.

1 Like

If you run the odds, Wonder Woman would probably win. If “Tower of Babel” is to be believed, Batman would probably win.

1 Like

I was just wondering who was the writer that came up with the idea that Batman could beat everybody? If you read most of his older comics, then he doesn’t seem to be unbeatable like he does now.

Tower of Babel is not to be believed.

How much does Batman get to cheat?

1 Like

If the binding-an-Amazon’s-bracelets rule is in place, and Batman knows about it, and Batman tricks her with a surprise attack (because she doesn’t know they’re going to fight), and Bats is carrying around his amethyst Kryptonite (which only weakens Amazons, and it counts because he always carries it around, you’ve just never heard of it because he has never had to use it before),… then Diana wins. (But she makes it look close to soften the blow to his fragile male ego.)