Who Would Win? Alfred Pennyworth vs. Jim Gordon

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Batman Day approacheth! What better way to celebrate than with some batty, out there, Who Would Win matchups?

First up is our favorite Bat-ler and arguably Gotham’s finest of the finest! An elderly actor/former intelligence officer versus the police commissioner we know and love! We’ve seen some of what both can do, and this would definitely be a battle for the ages.

Which of these two moral men would win in a tussle? Give us your reasoning and vote, below!

Alfred Pennyworth vs. Jim Gordon

• Alfred Pennyworth
  • Jim Gordon

0 voters

22 Likes

This was SURPRISINGLY tough. Alfred has super spy training but… I can’t forget that, at least for a couple storylines, Jim Gordon was Batman.

17 Likes

Even without that, Gordon was a Green Beret before becoming a cop in Gotham City – probably the most dangerous place to be a cop in.

10 Likes

True! But based on that alone Alfred could still put up a fight in his own right. I think it’s the Batman experience that puts him over.

9 Likes

It was hard but I had to go with Alfred

5 Likes

Hard one, I would say Gordon cause he has a gun to shoot, all Alfred has is a silver tray!:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Well hello there again BestBeastBoy! :wave: :sunglasses:

Quite the showdown again this week! There was only one reaction that I had when seeing what this weeks bout was about and it also picks up from last weeks as well… :astonished: :sweat_smile:

ajm08g makes note to add these comics to his reading list… Thanks HCQ! :batman_hv_2:

Maybe Alfred might have a chance if he is underestimated? Kind of how a story unfolded where Alfred was at the center in BTAS? :thinking:

Still… Tough call and could definitely go either way. :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

This was EXACTLY what I was thinking although he could win Because hes batman

4 Likes

I don’t think Alfred has it in him to bring harm to anyone with a close relationship to Bruce.

So Gordon wins by default.

3 Likes

Also to consider… The Macaroni.

13 Likes

A tough call but have to go with Gordon by a slight bit.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think Alfred would cross that line before Jimbo…

5 Likes

Alfred is The OG badass of DC…

He is the only character in DC that can put Batman in check and just using words. You know there is a tiny part of Bruce that is “Don’t piss Alfred off.”

Never, ever bet against Alfred Pennyworth.

13 Likes

Hard question but I gotta go with Jim

2 Likes

In Batman: Year One, Gordon took on a guy with a gun and hostages and he didn’t even flinch. He’s braver than Batman.

1 Like

Alfred would throw a dinner plate like it was a frisbee and knock Gordon unconscious

5 Likes

Physically, no idea. Mentally, Alfred. Also, I’m imaging Gotham’s Alfred interacting with an animated Gordon, for some reason. … I’m not cut out for this, I just like imagining interactions.

3 Likes

Really… There’s no contest here. It’s pennyworth all day. Between his intelligence background and being Batman’s sidekick slash advisor slash double on many occasions… Gordon has no chance… Lol :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Tough one. But Alfred gets the edge because he kicks ass with a shotgun.

4 Likes