Who would like to see a live action movie or TV show based off of Young Justice?

I love Young Justice and think it would be great to see the team make their live action debut. What do you think?

I think Young Justice works best as a cartoon.

5 Likes

Not sure. Maybe a big budget animated film that looks incredible would be better.

1 Like

A big budget, theatrically released animated Young Justice movie would be fantastic.

2 Likes

It’s to many heroes requiring to much special effects and an incredibly huge budget. Which it probably wouldn’t make back. A true theatrical length animated film is a possibility, but even that has its drawbacks.

Ms Martian, Bumblebee, Arsenal, Artimis, Aqualad, Foroger, Halo, Geo-Force are not generally known to a non-comic book following audience. You’d spend half the film explaining who the are, what powers they have, and we they are all a team in the first place.

YJ works because it’s built on the bones of a series where we learn about the characters as the episodes progress. YJ was designed as an animated series for a reason. It’s DCU Original for a reason. It’s primarily geared for fans not the general theater going public.

2 Likes

Let’s look at Titans for this sort of question. A live action program like Titans is increasingly limited to the stories it can pull off due to budget and special effects. We can never have a battle like say YJ vs The Secret Society. All those powers on screen would be impossible to manage on a live action television budget- which is one of the reasons why Swamp Thing was cancelled.

Unless they ever intended to make it a live action film, in which they would have a massive budget to pull of special effects and having that many actors on screen, I doubt we’d see anything like YJ in live action form in the near future.

1 Like

I think a live action YJ show with the original members would be cool!
But, probably not practical.

12:11pm 5/24/2020

1 Like