Who would like to see a doctor fate movie

Hey everyone was wondering if you like to see a doctor fate movie

16 Likes

You know… Now that you mention it, it would be pretty awesome to see a storyline developed around Dr. Fate for film.

If you were creating it, what would your storyline or concept be? :eyes:

2 Likes

I would but that would be strictly due to my DC fandom. Perhaps an animated movie first to generate support for a live-action film?

1 Like

raises hand enthusiastically

1 Like

Doctor Fate has always been one of my favorite DC heroes. I’d love to see a movie of his.

1 Like

All the way in for a Dr. Fate movie. Would love to see a Nabu origin story on screen. He’s got more fans then I ever realized til I joined this site. I thought I was the only one who saw the potential in this character. Not a brag, just a lack of finding a place where I could experience all like minds on him, due to the fact I’ve never done social media period. This site was my 1st was exposure in that arena. I chose to include myself in this semi- social media simply b/c it was an all DC site, so it was a perfect inclusion of all things I would ever want to discuss with others.

1 Like

Tie in Phantom Stranger… and I’ll go for it

2 Likes

YES PLEASE! My sister and I were just talking about this! Yes, we all love the big hitters of DC, but bring some of their other characters into the mix! Hands down would love to see an origin story of Doctor Fate.

1 Like

Doctor Fate is the super hero movie we need AND deserve

1 Like

KittyKrawler

Mine would be similar to my post. Start with Nabus origin, shortly after the formation of the universe. When the Lords of Chaos & Lords of Order were in elemental form competing for control. Advance to Cilia ( the world on which the Lords of Order became the 1st sentient beings) to when Nabu descended to Earth & took the mantle of adviser to the pharaohs of Egypt. Take it thru his attempt to overthrow Vandal Savage with the Scarab of Kha-Ef-Re, that would 1 day be discovered by Dan Garrett, the original Blue Beetle. To the reign of Ramses when Nabu was defeated in battle with the Spectre who would then kill Ramses. Next go to when Nabu recovered Nth Metal from a downed Thanagarian ship & he & Teth -Adam became allies. From there go into the beginnings of Kent Nelson discovering Nabu in a state of suspended animation, along with Nelson’s father when Kent was a boy. Nabu then transforms Kent into an adult to unburden him from witnessing his father die when they released Nabu from his stranded state of animation. He then teaches Kent the magic contained in him, along with supplying him with the helmet & cloak of destiny. Bring it all the way thru his time in the JSA. Also, there would be opportunities to branch off at any point leading up to his JSA years. With the Thanagarian involvement it could go Hawkman/ Hawkgirl direction. With the Blue Beetle involvement it could go that way. With the Teth-Adam involvement it could go the Shazam route. Although, with the Shazam movie coming I wouldn’t, just an example of all the options available. In the same vein, it could use those same foundations to spark a sequel or lead into all the aforementioned characters own movies.

1 Like

Heck yes!

1 Like

I would love to see one, as long as it’s done properly. Of course they would have to go with Kent Nelson as Dr. Fate and have it be about him learning to achieve harmony with Nabu and understanding the responsibilities that come with the mantle of Dr. Fate. Also, have the origin of Nabu shown in a flashback that’s actually shown to Kent Nelson by Nabu and narrated by him, giving the audience the same experience as Kent Nelson as it would be shown to Kent as a vision given to him but Nabu through the Helm of Fate. Have there be a bit of struggle between the two as they grapple for control with Nabu just trying to take full control and Kent as an archeologist that got in over his head and just wants out of the whole deal, but Nabu won’t let him because the Helm of Fate was found for a reason and there’s work to be done, as Mordru has returned and is amassing power. However, Nabu doesn’t understand that Kent doesn’t want his body highjacked and that he’s lost touch with humanity after so much time buried and locked in the helmet and Kent doesn’t understand who Nabu even is or the ensuing danger that can only be stopped by them working together. So over the movie they gradually grow to understand one another and are able to work as one to seal away Mordru once again. Then, when offered the chance to return to his life and abandon the mantle of Dr. Fate, Kent replies saying that if Mordru came back, then there’s probably more threats to follow and he wouldn’t be against helping to defeat them as well, but only on the condition that he and Nabu’s time as Dr. Fate be a partnership. Nabu agrees and the movie ends with Kent putting on the helmet and the Tower of Fate materializing out of nowhere, with and ankh shaped light appearing in the front and Dr. Fate entering the light and going into the tower to search for the next threat and prepare to continue their partnership as Dr. Fate.
Then, in the post credits scene, we see an aged man looking into a smoking pool of liquid, watching the end scene where Fate enters the tower, saying something along the lines of, “So I see he has returned. That means it’s finally time.” Then we see a grim smile cross the man’s face as the camera pans out to reveal the man as none other than Felix Faust.

2 Likes

Hopefully there will be a doctor fate movie since the Shazam movie
Is coming to theaters. And doctor fate usually shows up during a really bad crisis . since darkseid might be coming to the big screen maybe doctor fate will show any thoughts? …

1 Like

OH YES PLEASE!

1 Like

The one problem with a Doctor Fate movie, and this isn’t on the movie itself, is that it might have an uphill battle to face in being compared to Doctor Strange by people unaware that Fate predates Strange by twenty years at minimum.

“It’s a ripoff of Doctor Strange!” Reeve’s Clark Kent said it best: “Uh, not really. No.”

2 Likes

@Vroom
The only real problem with a Doctor Fate movie would be the mainstream thinking that everything has to be created for them.
Doctor Fate could be a DC Original & Exclusive.
So, it’d be for us anyway.

@DJ
I would LOVE to see a Doctor Fate origins story.

3 Likes

I like your train of thought Kitty! Would you like a Gold Star?

1 Like

@El.Barto316
I would totally watch that movie!

2 Likes

Cand Oded Fehr play Nabu?

1 Like

Can

My first ever comment, and there’s a typo. Yay. Hi DC Universe!

1 Like