Who would be your new 'Big 7'?

If you were tasked with creating a new JLA, but we’re told you couldn’t use Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, or Martian Manhunter…who would you pick?

1 Like

Starfire for Superman

Mr Terrific for Batman

Zatanna for Wonder Woman

Jamie Blue Beetle for Flash

Firestorm for Green Lantern

Miss Martian for Martian Manhunter

Vixen for Aquaman

3 Likes

Kid flash=The Flash
Red hood=Batman
Kyle Rayner=Green Lantern. Plastic Man=Martian Man Hunter
Superbly=Superman. Batgirl=Wonder Woman
Aqua lad=Aquaman

2 Likes

I’d go with-

Shazam
Hawkman
Zatanna
Dr. Fate
Power Girl
Steel
Plastic Man

1 Like

Well, Hawkgirl’s already done an awesome job replacing aquaman before, and there’s no doubt she could do it again. (Seriously, we need a second female to regularly be part of the league. )

Black Cannery and Green Arrow are a given.

Can there ever be enough Zatanna?

Shazam is always fun.

Cyborg is good.

Nightwing I guess.

2 Likes

Green Arrow - A JLA mainstay, deserves a spot on the team again.
Black Canary - In my opinion, the only female character who could replace Wonder Woman. Heck, she could even lead this version of the team.
Nightwing - The only Robin to serve on the JLA, let alone lead it like he did in the 2000s. Dick has the experience to earn a place on the League.
Black Lightning - Has served on the team before, is a natural leader and a team player.
Zatanna - It’s always good to have a hero whose powers are magic-based. Plus, everyone loves Zatanna.
Captain Atom - A powerful hero with a strong moral compass. He could also serve as a liaison to the government for the League.
Steel - I was initially going to pick Mr. Terrific for this spot, but he’s got a team of his own. Steel has a similar skillset and is a somewhat well-known character with ties to Superman.

2 Likes

I’d want to sell it as a sort of “future League,” starring younger heroes (read: formerly Teen Titans) who’ve taken up the banner. Limited to a new big 7:
Nightwing
Starfire
Cyborg
Raven
Beast Boy
Wonder Woman (Donna)
Flash (Wally)

2 Likes

Green Arrow
Black Canary
Hawkman
The Atom