Who Was Your Favorite?

I believe she did appear on the show for two episodes. Not as Catwoman, though. And perhaps that Is why she was considered and cast for the movie.

2 Likes

Ooo. Tough one. Newmar had a more classic feel and was a little more … cat-ish but Kitt (heh. her last name is Kitt. and she plays CATwoman. get it? like “kitten!” okay just me I guess.) was more like a actual criminal. hmm.

I cannot choose. They both reflect on aspects of Catwoman and there is little overlap between the two.

4 Likes

Like I said before I really liked all three, for many of the reasons everyone else has mentioned about the three. But what about Eartha’s voice. That husky/sultry voice was purrrfect.

3 Likes

All 3 60’s catwoman.

6 Likes

I know (now) she didn’t play Catwoman in the show. I just meant, when I watched the movie I actually thought that Julie was in the movie, too.

3 Likes

Julie is the platinum standard, followed by Eartha Kitt, and Lee in third.

That’s been my top three for 50 years, and honestly the only 3 who deserve the title. But that’s just my opinion.

13 things you probably didn’t know about Julie Newmar. Including being a Tony Award winning actress, an inventor and US Patent holder.

9 Likes

Thanks for the link @DeSade-acolyte. 13 things that I didn’t know.

2 Likes

Julie, hands down! But then, I’ve been in love with her ever since I first saw Li’l Abner at the movies, many moons ago. Stupfeyin’ Jones knocked his socks off, and mine too. Hey, some Batman tv trivia for you guys. Which Catwoman was first referred to by her real name, and when? No fair using the internet!

3 Likes

I don’t know. But I’m going to guess eartha kitt. And I definitely don’t know when. Lol…

1 Like

No contest: Eartha Kitt all the way! Both actresses were beautiful and sexy, but Ms. Kitt was a Cat-woman (god, the voice…) and Julie (god love her) was just “acting” the part. I can still see Eartha Kitt running her hands down her sides and curvaceous hips as she was presenting her vile plans to the Terrific Trio.

2 Likes

Eartha Kitt was sooooooo sexy. :catwoman_hv_4:

2 Likes

All right, all right! Geeez, you guys won’t give me a moments peace, will ya’? Okay, okay, keep it down back there, my foot’s asleep. And now, the answer to last night’s Batman tv trivia question …(drum roll)

None of them! (cymbals clash) It was a trick question.

Catwoman, like Penguin and Riddler (all of whom have real names) are never called anything other than their headline grabbing, super-villain titles, on the show!

5 Likes

My Living Doll. I remember watching Julie Newmar on the series but couldn’t remember the name. Thanks Desade.

2 Likes

Julie! Hand’s down!

I always thought of Eartha Kitt’s Catwoman as someone who took over the Catwoman persona after Julie’s Catwoman disappeared (or was thrown in prison for the thousandth time!)
I never considered them to be the same person because Julie’s Catwoman was in Love with Batman while Eartha’s would have gleefully killed him.

7 Likes

Yeah, because it took so long to find copies after the originals were list, it hardly ever been seen by most folks.

2 Likes

That’s the only thing I didn’t like about Eartha’s character. (But her voice, meeoow.) I think it had a lot to do with the fact that she was black. William Shatner and Nicole Nichols already had a big to do because of a highly publicized interracial kiss. As a kid I didn’t see anything wrong with it. But what do kids know, right? I think that’s why they toned down the whole Bat/Cat relationship. Mind you this was time of the Civil Rights movement.
But you’re right they did seem like two completely different characters; they just had the same shtick.

3 Likes

I agree with all of you guy 'n gals more or less, on the pros ‘n cons for each fab female feline. Just don’t forget, every villain of the week was trying to kill our Dynamic Duo. Always, in some overly creative way, even Julie. That’s what the cliff-hanger (hold over from the by-gone serial days), was all about. And I totally agree she had feelings for Batman. Expressing that had a lot to do with the censorship issues then. Only Zelda the Great ever spoke out on their behalf. I’m afraid romanticizing their relationship then, through the lens of todays’ Catwoman, might be a bit of a stretch.

Oh well, still workin’ on getting my hands on a Julie/Catwoman statue, on ebay. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

@wrightline1.42741 good luck. Hope you score your statue.

2 Likes

Best of luck on your quest. I will confess my favorite funko pop is my Batman’66 Julie Catwoman.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Unfortunately, with the mortgage due yesterday, I got priced out on my bid. Welll, there’s always next time! At the moment I envy you Desade, but only for the moment!

2 Likes