Who Was a Better Bruce Wayne/Batman?

• Val Kilmer
  • George Clooney

0 voters

4 Likes

George Clooney was a better Bruce Wayne. Val Kilmer was a better Batman.

8 Likes

Val Kilmer all the way, I think he did a great job as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

They both deserved better movies, and if they had gotten that, they would be in the conversation with Bale, Affleck, and Keaton.

2 Likes

Naw that would just mean all of them did a well job at playing Batman

2 Likes

This is like choosing between a colonoscopy and root canal. But I’ll choose Val over George as the lesser of two evils.

1 Like

Val Kilmer

2 Likes

George Clooney is Bruce Wayne. He was a great embodiment. However, as Batman, he just played Bruce Wayne running around in a rubber suit that doesn’t let him turn his head. No distinction between the two.
With that said, Val Kilmer, really? Kilmer could have been a good superhero actor (I would cast him as a supervillain but that’s just me), but Batman was not it. Ugh. Ick. No. Bruce/Wayne is smooth and charismatic, not creepy and sociopathic.

Was Clooney the best? No.
Was Clooney good? Eh.
Was Clooney the worst? No, that honor belongs to Val Kilmer.

2 Likes

I had a blast recently watching Batman Forever 25th Anniversary with some fans here. I have a new respect for it now that I see it as a Dick Sprang/Batman 66 mash-up. Kilmer is a very good Batman. It felt like he spent nearly no screen time as Bruce, but Clooney was Bruce more. It feels uneven and hard to compare the two.

2 Likes

I go Kilmer on this one. Both movies leave a lot to be desired but I thought Kilmer’s Batman was more interesting and better acted. Plus the interactions with Robin seemed a bit more authentic here than in the 4th film.

1 Like

Christian Bale (2008)

Kilmer