Who Should Direct DC Movies?

When I kept casting many favorite DC characters for movies, I wanted to talk about something just as important. Who should direct these movies? So this is where we are going to talk about. Choose a director for each certain DC character and tell why.

2 Likes

For as Wonder Woman movie, my choice is Guillermo Del Toro. Patty Jennings created an amazing movie about Wonder Woman, but I would love to see Guillermo Del Toro do Wonder Woman. Not saying recast Wonder Woman, since were just talking about directors for DC movies, but Gal Gadot is perfect and she should stay as Wonder Woman. Guillermo Del Toro has created mythological beings and comic book movies before, and that suits Wonder Woman perfectly since she’s a super hero, and is connected with mythology. I can imagine Del Toro doing amazing things with Wonder Woman.

2 Likes

Tommy Wiseau, Joel Shumacher, bad day Bruce Timm, and that is all you need.

My example dream director is Don Bluth for J’ohnn J’onzz, but Bluth is nearing 90.

2 Likes

Edgar Wright. Considering he didn’t do Ant-Man because of how controlling Marvel was over the creative process and DC is now more lenient and letting creatives just do their thing it seems like a great match at this point.

As far as a character maybe someone like Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Edgar’s done great when it comes to funny + weird concepts and a talking beetle attached to your back is pretty out of the norm.

1 Like

Mike Flanagan.

Watch the Haunting of Hill House on Netflix, then imagine him writing/directing a Zatanna film.

2 Likes

He could do Flash or the Atom best in my head.

1 Like

Gareth Evans.
He should direct a movie series around the League of Assassins where it shows how different individuals such as Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, Cheshire etc. arrive, train, work for Ra’s al Ghul and eventually grow to become the characters as we know them

3 Likes

Guillermo del Toro should really direct a Hellblazer movie, if there is ever another one. He has a gift for both horror and comic book style movies. I have always thought David Fincher would make a good director for Batman, as his movies tend to be fairly dark. For Superman I would go with Joe Johnston. My reasoning is that he directed both The Rocketeer and Captain America: The First Avenger. He seems to have a gift for pure of heart heroes.

2 Likes

I’d like to see him direct a Justice League Dark movie for the same reasons you listed.

1 Like

Tarantino… go

2 Likes

I want Spielberg to do a Superman movie, his directing style perfectly encapsulates the wonder Superman presents. Plus the most iconic director and the most iconic superhero obviously go hand in hand. Also Peter Jackson deserves a shot at a Green Lantern film. Other than that though, I really wanna see unheard of directors take on popular characters the way David F. Sandberg got to do Shazam.

4 Likes

I think Tim Burton he did a good job with Batman showing the darker side in movies but he should do a Harley one or Gotham city sirens to see how dark it can get with adding a hole lotta dark humor!

2 Likes

He is supposed to be making a Blackhawk movie for DC. But there hasn’t been any news about it since the announcement in 2018.

4 Likes

Ryan Coogler should do a Static Shock movie, I would be all for that.

2 Likes

I would love to see someone do a JSA (older version during their early years), Challengers of the Unknown, Green Arrow, and a Deathstroke movie.

2 Likes

I want some smaller, indie directors to get a chance. Not only is it good because it gives them a bigger chance to break into the industry, but it’ll also probably lead to a lot more creative and unique visions. I think back on WB taking a chance on Christopher Nolan and how well that paid off. I know that may seem ridiculous now that Nolan is a huge, household name; but that was definitely NOT the case when they started Batman Begins. I just want them to have unique and different takes on the characters, so go after a diverse group of filmmakers.

2 Likes

That makes sense, I though Adam Wingard would be perfect for a Batman movie since he made You’re next and The Guest, which are 80’s horror thriller films. He’s also making the upcoming Godzilla vs King Kong movie as well. He did make the terrible Death Note remake, but directors can make bad movies, and good movies.

2 Likes

Any small indie directors you know who would be perfect?