Who Should Be the Permanent Chair of the Justice League?

I have often wondered who should be the permanent chairperson of the Justice League. It’s just my opinion but never knowing for certain who the new chair is and for how long makes it less interesting. That said who do you think it should be?

Keep in mind that all characters have a shortcoming when it comes to managing others as well as how they interact with others. In addition to their own flaws. So please don’t vote just based on who you like.

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • The Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Arrow

0 voters

5 Likes

I do not think there should be a “permanent chair.” We like to look for structure and chain of command, but the Justice League is a team of equals. But if it’s gotta be somebody, it should be Martian Manhunter, who keeps the unit together and dedicates his whole self to the team, where the others have a lot of other stuff going on.

9 Likes

I agree. I find that establishing a leader on a small team that does not need one typically results in skewed page/screen time and often results in the false lesson about “born leaders.”

2 Likes

Admittedly I am a but hurt nobody has voted for me yet. Maybe I should reflect on this and be more compassionate and… Nah.

1 Like

I agree I don’t think there should be one leader…I think too much power never ends well
I think if I HAD to choose one it would be Batman because I feel like he has the best strategic mind…but I still don’t think he should be the permanent leader

2 Likes

Ideally the actual plan would be an agreed on leader based on the event. For example if you are dealing with a rogue lantern it makes sense Green Lantern leads due to knowing how this person thinks. If you need great strategy then I am in charge. If you need to focus on keeping the civilians safe then Clark or flash (etc.).

5 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

to borrow from another form of government

J’onn is the Prime Minister
Superman is the President (or other Head of State)

1 Like

“On land you may command, but at sea it is me”

Aquaman (borrowed from the Penguin)

2 Likes

Seconded! I think the Justice League works best as a team of equals that allows for leadership based on what the situation calls for. But, if I had to choose…

Martian Manhunter for President.

5 Likes

aquaman is a king so he’s good with politics and keeping the trust of the public

1 Like

On the other hand, he’s been thrown out of office a few times by a finicky public.

3 Likes

By punching things? He once punched my favorite bat.

3 Likes

In-continuity arguments aside, on a meta level, I always mentally perceive Superman as the leader of the Justice League (whenever he’s a member, that is). Being the first and historically most important superhero kind of does that. It’s one thing to say that all of the members of the Justice League are equals and that they treat each other as such, but really, Superman is primus inter pares.

6 Likes

Martian Manhunter, of course. And don’t skimp on the cookies.

4 Likes

3474843-8571583758-Choco

4 Likes

He loves my bat sandwich cookies with bat milk.

3 Likes

is that like goat milk, but it floats?

1 Like

@LastSon0fMars I think you have an admirer lol

1 Like

Rotating leaders through time can also give you different leadership and group dynamics which can make stories more interesting. Plus, leading the JLA would be time consuming. And, if I were writing I may have one person be the chairman responsible for infrastructure, financing, recruiting etc, and another as the tactical commander. Those are not the same skill sets.

5 Likes