• Cass Cain
  • Terry McGinnis
  • Jean-Paul Valley (Azrael)
  • Tim Fox
  • Duke Thomas
  • Alfred?
  • Other

0 voters

I’m curious as to who other people think should take up the mantle but of course there is only one Bruce Wayne. If you want elaborate on your choice.

4 Likes

Where’s the “clone of Bruce Wayne” option? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I pick Terry McGinnis. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

that is terry Mcginnis

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I think my favorite idea for Batman’s successor is that he clones himself. I remember reading a story out of the Batman 75 one-shot years ago where he cloned himself every 25 years.

Not to say that I don’t like the idea of Dick or one of the other protégés taking up the mantle, but I feel like Bruce would want them to go their own way and live their own lives.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can choose :no_mouth:

For anyone curious, that was from Detective Comics #27 in 2014. It was written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Sean Gordon Murphy. You can find it on DCUI here: Detective Comics (2011-) #27

4 Likes

As for me, I personally went for Damian – I think of the character’s he’s not only the one most qualified, but the one who would want to honor the mantle the most.

That said, I can still see some of the other characters being around – Nightwing being around as the aged mentor, Cass running around either as Batwoman or maybe a more good guy version of Lady Shiva. I dig the idea shown in Batman #700 of Damian being the one who trains Terry McGuinness to be Batman Beyond.

2 Likes

I hate that story, but it’s the one I was referring to with my post.

By selling his soul?

This is also why I didn’t go with Tim: we’ve already seen that he’d be an “evil” Batman.

1 Like

I can see it as an elegant solution to how Bruce would always be Batman generation after generation, but I don’t think it’s anything more than a whimsical idea Bruce had in his head. In the end he would trust his family to keep the mission alive.

The Damian of that time definitely would, but I don’t think the Damian we’ve seen in stories after that run would.

3 Likes

Same answer I would have given you in 1975, Dick Grayson.

2 Likes

Now that’s something I really can’t argue with. The Bat family as a whole is enough of an assurance for Bruce that the world (or at least Gotham) will be in good hands long after he’s gone. That said, I still don’t think any one member of the family could completely substitute Bruce Wayne as Batman, and I don’t feel like any of them would explicitly want to either.

1 Like

Damian would be my second choice after Cass. I also thought about a Damian & Cass duo as Batman as Batwoman but the more I thought about it it didn’t make sense to me. Batwoman is Kate’s legacy to give away and, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure Cass and Kate don’t have the best relationship. But honestly I would dig any version of Damian and Cass working together :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, neither did Jason and Tim but that was resolved by the New 52. Who’s to say some other writer at some point can’t make them work together again?

2 Likes

giphy
Um… me standing there still wanting my Bruce Wayne fix like…
:rofl:

1 Like

I voted ‘Other’ - Bruce Wayne.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be clear – love the character of Bruce, and I get that these books and their continuities are cyclical, so they’ll inevitably always go back to status quo.

But, sometimes you need to mix things up and kick some new life into it, so stuff like Dick Grayson or Jim Gordon or now to an extent Jace Fox becoming Batman can help with that.

3 Likes

Oh I know, I was just trying to be funny. :+1:
If i had to vote for anyone other than Bruce, I’d have to go with Dick Grayson. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

david zavimbe

1 Like

It should be Dick, he deserves it the most as he is pretty much Bruce’s son. The only other person that should have it is Terry as he revitalized Batman in the future.

2 Likes