Who’s your favorite Live action Batman and why

Bale for life!!! Also Will Arnett!

He certainly didn’t help! He’s apologized multiple times since then, though, so I forgive him. Now I just need an apology from Arnold and I’ll be set.

B v S Batman is my favorite version of Batman. Then Keaton.
But for me both of them fell into poor sequels.
Bale had 2 great films. The third installment was pretty bad. I guess it’s hard to be Batman more than once.

1 Like

@Thebatman.7002 Adam West. Three words: Bat Shark Repellent!

PS You left off Kevin Conroy who would be my real vote. Mask of the Phantasm was theatrically released. Yes I’m pedantic. :grinning:

1 Like

I found this video and now Adam West is my second favorite live action Batman

1 Like

Will Arnett is up there too

Michael Keaton. I had been away from Super hero related fare for a long time and Batman pulled me right in.
I had been an avid Star Trek Fan up to that point and while DC was publishing Star Trek comics at the time giving me a window into the DCU, It wasn’t until news of the Batman movie (and Jason Todd’s death prior to it) That I came back in. (And Since Star Trek V was one of Batman’s major Box office Competitors…I can tell you that I spent more Summer afternoons seeing Batman again and again than I did seeing Star Trek)

1 Like

My choice has to be Michael Keaton. He’s great in pretty much any role. Did anyone else see the Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming, where they said “You’ll yawn through yet another superhero cgi slugfest, but be genuinely terrified by Michael Keaton just being Michael Keaton.” I didn’t hate Ben Affleck, to be honest, but I also don’t really mourn the loss of him. Christian Bale was in two great Batman movies, and was overall good, but the voice always kind of turns me off. Val Kilmer wasn’t terrible. Adam West played that role exactly as he was supposed to, no complaints. George Clooney is my least favorite.
In terms of voice actors, it’s hard to choose. Kevin Conroy’s become iconic, but Rino Romano and Diedrich Bader were spot-on for their shows. Anthony Ruivivar’s performance was really great as well, in my opinion.
We really are blessed with an embarrassment of riches.

1 Like

Ben Affleck is my favorite. To me it’s the most “comic accurate” in the style of movement. His fighting skills are the best out of all the live action Batmans. I mean the warehouse scene is one of my all time favorites

6 Likes

Michael Keaton. No other actor before him portrayed Batman as accurate as he did in 1989. For that, he’s still my favorite.

1 Like

For me its a tie between Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck. For sentimental childhood reasons, I love Michael’s Batman. His performance what drew me to the character. But I will admit if they are any on screen Batman’s I would not want to mess with it would be Ben’s Batman. His version felt like it was ripped right from the comics.

As controversial as it sounds, the fact these two versions of Batman killed people doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

3 Likes

Affleck for me, too, as much as I disliked the movies. I would have loved to have seen him play the part under different directing and writing. Like someone mentioned above, he felt like he walked off the page.

Keaton I adore for sentimental reasons, and I’m a fan in general, but his Bruce didn’t work for me. I could never buy him as a playboy. And when I watch that scene in Vale’s apartment, I hear Keaton more than Bruce, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

I say Affleck because he just looked like Batman. Sounded like Batman and fought like Bats. I just really liked his bat. His Bruce was great as well as an older Bruce. Not so much billionaire playboy but billionaire of Gotham. Which I enjoyed.

Bale to me his Bruce was good. Had the charm and playboy thing going. But his bats was meh. His look great but sound and fought awfully. The movies were great though but I feel mostly because of the villains and not so much the bat.

Keaton to me is a classic his bat was great and a nice balance but just his Bruce felt a bit off to me.

Val was good for the movie and Clooney was fun. They’re not in my top list but still enjoyed the movies.

Adam West is a legend so I never count him in my tops because to me he would beat all just for bringing bat to the silver screen. (I know there was the black and whites one but most people remember West as the one to kick off his fame).

But overall Koneroy is my bats. Both animated game and now live action he will always be my bats.

3 Likes

Keaton. Batman Returns is my favorite Christmas movie.

2 Likes

Even more than Die Hard?

2 Likes

Toss up goes to Batman Returns because it has shaving cream for snow.

2 Likes

Michael Keaton. He was my first Batman experience and that first movie blew my little mind when I was 10.

He introduced us to the grapnel gun.

He has the best Batmobile.

I loved his version of the Batcave.

His Bruce Wayne was just nuts!

1 Like