Who’s the best duo in comicdom?

Which writer and artist make the best pair for storytelling?

2 Likes

Um… I think the classic duo is George Perez and Marv Wolfman

6 Likes

But I like Mich Gerads and Tom King

3 Likes

Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham work on Justice Society of America and there back together on Shazam They are GREAT

2 Likes

Geoff Johns and Gary Frank are a standout duo.

4 Likes

Geoff Johns and Gary Frank are awesome, but I will always stick with Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

3 Likes

I’m really surprised that nobody has said Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo yet

3 Likes

Joe Kelly and Doug Mahnke made some magic together.

1 Like

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo

Scott Snyder and Jock

Geoff Johns and Gary Frank

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok

3 Likes

Denny O’Neil & Neal Adams

With Wolfman & Perez a close second

3 Likes

The best combination of writing and art that I’ve seen is the 1987 Wonder Woman series, so I’m going to cheat and say George Perez and George Perez.

2 Likes

Snyder and Capullo for me

3 Likes

Don’t hate on yourselves to much when you didn’t mention Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee on Hush.

2 Likes

Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers

3 Likes

Snyder and Jock

1 Like

Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. I love Long Halloween and Dark Victory

@dogwelder you know, now that you mention it…it’s odd, I can’t really imagine Moore being very…open and collaborative with umm…anyone lol. So it’s so surprising that he does actually produce so many great stories with a wide variety of people. That being said, I wasn’t a fan of his work on Top Ten…the art threw me off on that one…

Yes, @DeSade-acolyte–Denny O’Neil and Neal Adams were great and the best DC duo, but my all-time favorite duo would have to b Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. They were mythic world builders.

@dogwelder, well don’t get me wrong, I liked the idea and story…but just felt like the art and aesthetics seemed too…cheesy? Not sure how to describe it. but yea I have the trades, maybe "ll give it another spin…I really enjoyed the Smaxx spin off mini series

1 Like

Neil Adams and Dennis O’Neil

Snyder and Capullo

Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale

Marv Wolfman and George Perez

1 Like