Who Read Batman: The Adventures Continue #1 This Week?

Simple question, who read the first issue of Batman: The Adventures Continue this week? If you did what did you think?

I purchased it, and read it. I thought it was a nice first issue, giving us a tease of the larger world that it is opening up. No spoilers here, but learning that a certain someone was missing was pretty cool, and has me intrigued about how Batman is going to find that person. The art was good as well, and has me looking forward to more…

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Off to an interesting start – but can’t help but feel like I’ve read this before… probably because it’s a shockingly similar setup to “Rules of Engagement,” a Batman/Luthor story in the first issues of Batman Confidential.

3 Likes

Thinking of getting it, if I get it, I’ll come back and say what I think!

1 Like

I liked the robot . It reminded be of the original Superman cartoons…Basically a ser up issue.

Very easy to read. A pleasure.

2 Likes

I thought it was a good set-up comic, I look forward to the next issue!

1 Like

Welcome to the DC Universe Community @MonoChromeWeiss!

1 Like

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
My theory is that the missing person is inside the robot and that’s how it flies with no heat trail. It might not hold up under scrutiny but that’s my idea and if you say I’m wrong then you’re mean.

2 Likes

@SWhite

luthor

Okay, I kid, I kid, that is actually a good guess.

2 Likes

Nope. Too late. You’re officially mean. I’m sorry but you knew the rules. I kid also.
I like my guess because it’s simple enough to make sense but on the flip side it’s too simple to make sense. It accounts for the flying but not the operation of the robot’s limbs, etc. And it would mean that the person is lifting from the inside to propel the robot. So I guess I’m wro . . . Stopped just in time.

2 Likes

It was good, but I’m not continuing on with the series.

When DC Direct debuted the initial Batman: The Adventures Continue action figures last year, there were many complaints akin to “those characters aren’t in the DCAU in any way, so I’m not buying their figures”. This comic seems to exist for the sole purpose of DC Direct now being able to say “Well, they’re in it now, Paul Dini is writing the series and you all love him…so c’mon…buy the figures”.

I LOVE BTAS/TNBA, the DCAU and Paul Dini. Comics that are seemingly created to influence people into buying products that were made before other, substantially more deserving products were made? Not so much.

Of course, if Lex gets a figure I’ll buy him. The DC Collectibles Justice League figures need a villain to fight against, after all.

SN: I agree with @HubCityQuestion regarding the first arc of Batman Confidential. It didn’t come to mind as I read BTAC, but afterward, it immediately did. I’ll re-read that over more of BTAC.

I hear you but with Paul Dini’s involvement I am much more willing to forgive the marketing ploy. Whether truthful or not, I have seen some interviews that sounded like Dini was involved in the figures’ origins and the comic book came about somewhat organically. Plus everything is meant to sell everything. And I’m a child of the 80’s where every toy/show/comic/cereal was a loop of marketing so it’s natural to me.

3 Likes

I’ve no problem with comics that were primarily made to sell toys, as I love me some Super Powers, Superman: Toyman and Total Justice comics.

But…there’s still plenty of existing material from BTAS and TNBA (and their tie-in movies and comics) for DC Direct to derive more product from before we get into the whole “what if?” side of things. Red Claw, Red Claw. Whereforth are thou, Red Claw?

Yes, Red Claw. That omission is crazy to me. It makes me wonder if there’s a behind the scenes reason we don’t know about. I personally would like idea of mixed waves at this point (BTAS, TNBA, STAS, JLU, Beyond and TAC) but think others should come first like Red Claw, tuxedo Penguin, TNBA Bruce (I like the sleek look more than BTAS) and even Calendar Girl.

1 Like

:notes: “Calendar Girl. Yeah, sweet Calendar Girl.” :notes:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome! I hope to be active in the community!

I read it. Good read. I love the introduction of the red hood I cannot wait to see his origin in the animated universe.

1 Like

@arblas.17246 welcome to the DC Universe Community. Enjoy your stay, and I am glad you enjoyed that first issue. It was a decent beginning.

I love, i love, i love my little calendar girl…did I get that right?

1 Like

Issue 2 is out

Bruh!

1 Like