Who is YOUR Joker?

We have seen some iconic representations of the Clown Prince of Crime from Cesar Romero to the newly announced Joaquin Phoenix, Jared Leto to Jack Nicholson - But who in your eyes will forever be - The Joker?

7 Likes

When I read the Joker in comics I hear mark Hamill’s voice, his character design in TAS is also spot-on, so to me the quintessential Joker is Mark Hamill. Not taking anything away from the others—because obviously Ledger’s joker was amazing and really something special and Leto’s joker even though he wasn’t given a real chance, had shades of greatness—but Hamill’s made the clown prince of crime an iconic villian that’s easily digestible to the general masses. Of course this could completely change once the Phoenix movie is released.

4 Likes

Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill

1 Like

Great choices. Personally, I like Nicholson’s Joker! But Romero defined the Joker we all know and love in a very special way.

Probably Mark. Jack and Heath were amazing but Mark has so many hours under his belt.

1 Like

Heath Ledger :heart: is my favorite

2 Likes

You two Harley’s need to make up your mind!!

Mark Hamill.

2 Likes

Mark Hamill IS the Joker.

2 Likes

Mark Hamill/ animated hands down
Heath ledger/big screen hands down

2 Likes

I just watched “The Dark Knight” on here last week, Heath Ledger is without a doubt my preferred “Joker” but I do like all of them.

1 Like

As stated above mARK HAMill. He made that character for me and come on he had Arkham in his name.

2 Likes

Mark Hamill

1 Like

Mark Hamill. People idolize the performance by Heath Ledger, but I hated it. It was just an annoying character and didn’t remind me of the character I’ve seen in comics and animated adaptations. And when you consider that Heath had the best Joker so far, that says a lot. Joker has not been done justice in live action yet, so Mark Hamill reigns as THE Joker.

2 Likes

I liked Ledger! There was just something about the way he explored and portrayed the mind of “The Joker”. Maybe he didn’t have the best “interpretation” of the Joker character, but his performance was pretty great. I didn’t feel like he was an actor playing a role (which is pretty hard to accomplish when you’re dealing with characters like superheroes/villains (exaggerated versions of the more extreme archetypes found among people)). That made the film itself that much more engaging!

2 Likes

Kevin Michael Richardson first joker I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Ledger nailed the Joker, or at least the way I think the joker would behave. 100% anarchy and chaos. I loved itđŸ€˜đŸ»

1 Like

Jack Nicholson will always be Joker for me. I am very excited to see Joaquin Phoenix take on the role.

1 Like

Top 3:

1. Jack Nicholson
  2. Heath Ledger
  3. Ceaser Romero

Honorable Mention:
Mark Hamill

1 Like

If we’re counting animation, Mark Hamill; otherwise, Heath Ledger with an honorable mention to Cesar Romero, the first Joker I remember.

1 Like