Who Is Your Favorite Green Lantern from Earth?

Over the years Earth has boasted several Green Lanterns, starting with Alan Scott in the 1940s. I then thought I would ask who your favorite Green Lantern us. BTW, if I have left anyone out, please mention them in the comments!

9 Likes

5 Likes

#1 Original Recipe Alan Scott
#2 John Stewart
#3 Hal Jordan

5 Likes

I voted for Hal, mostly because he was the original, but Jessica is a very close 2nd.

4 Likes

Kyle will always be my fave.

His Green Lantern comics were one of the first series I added to my OG Pull List when I got back into comics.

Honorable mention to Jessica Cruz, who is fast becoming a favorite as well.

5 Likes

YES!

5 Likes

I will forever be a Hal Jordan fanatic :sunglasses: :metal:

8 Likes

I will forever be an Alan fanatic

6 Likes

I think DC should make a Alan Scott Black Label period piece, set in 1940s Gotham City at the dawn of the superhuman age.

5 Likes

I’m actually surprised John Stewart hasn’t gotten any votes!

6 Likes

Hal Jordan will always be my personal favorite of Green Lantern, and Jon Stewart would be in second place favorite. :grinning:

7 Likes

Jon Stewart would be my 3rd, right behind Hal and Jessica.

4 Likes
  1. Guy
  2. Kyle
  3. Simon
  4. Hal
  5. John
  6. Jessica
  7. Alan

I don’t think I have read anything that I loved with Jessica or Alan that is why they are at the bottom. I just haven’t connected with them yet.

5 Likes

Kyle has a really good character development throughout his comics which is really good.

5 Likes

my favorite green lantern hal jordan, john stewart and jessica cruz

4 Likes

I really like Jessica’s design, though I’ve yet to dip into the GL storyline(s) myself. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

We all have a few favorites mostly for the design.

5 Likes

Definitely Hal for me! I like his character, supporting cast, and stories the most.

John would probably be second for me, although I really liked Guy in Venditti’s run.

5 Likes

of the lanterns i have experience with, i break down their personalities like this:

Hal: green
Alan: old
John: gruff, cynical
Kyle: youthful and green
Guy: reactionary jerk chauvinist who overcompensates for his deep insecurity with a cartoonishly arrogant facade, whose emotions are so volatile that his power ring sparks, from Baltimore

6 Likes

Alan is stern father (figure).

5 Likes