Who is your definitive Superman actor?

@moro I didn’t mention them by name, but I am including everyone to ever play or voice Superman (or Clark Kent), so Cavill is a perfectly fine choice

1 Like

Cavill looks the part the best, but I’m still sticking with Bud at the top of my list for all-time in any medium.

1 Like

George Reeves. He was the perfect Clark Kent. Not a bumbling idiot

4 Likes

Cavill could make a decent Superman, IF he portrays the Big Guy correctly. He’s a cheerful guy. Look at Professor Hulk; he’s enjoying being a really, really strong guy and poses for selfies.

Now that the MCU has completed their admittedly fantastic series, there is a niche for DC, IF they look at what Marvel did right, and do something different that pleased the audience, they could rule the 2020s the way Marvel did the 2010s.

Welling. He’s very believable and relatable.

Kinda like how I view Melissa Benoist as Supergirl. She’s not a supermodel like Lara Vandervort but Melissa is believable and genuine. I believe she is Supergirl, just like I believed Welling is Superman.

Cavill is my second choice or movie choice.

Routh and Reeve make me laugh “Excuse me sir, would you care to step outside?”

Flicks up glasses

That’s not a bad thing, I guess I prefer modern :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Henry Cavill. Reeves definitely looks like a classic Superman, but I think Henry Cavill embodied the character, at least physically, during his tenure, and his last few scenes in Justice League were his best Superman moments.

2 Likes

Henry Cavill

5 Likes

Dean cane, he play superman and Clark Kent right for television.

1 Like

Gerard Christopher.

1 Like

I’d definitely go with Henry Cavill. I respect the likes of Reeves’ and the like for their portrayals, but I think Cavill was able to best portray the power and humanity of the character.

2 Likes

Christopher Reeve.

1 Like

Gotta go with Reeve”s. He made Superman relatable to more people than just those who read the comics and he was the one most of us saw as our first Superman.

2 Likes

Christopher Reeves is my favorite Superman

2 Likes

Live action film: Christopher Reeve. No further explanation is required.

Live action TV: Dean Cain. Smallville may be my favorite live action Superman oriented TV show, but since Superman was actually in Lois and Clark, Mr. DC himself gets this one.

Animation: Tim Daly, every which way (yes Clint Eastwood enthusiasts, loose too!). Joe Hackett from TV’s Wings is Numero Uno.

Bud Colyer is an inspired pick too. I’m glad someone gave him his due as the Fleischer shorts are magnificent and deserve all the praise available. He also played Superman in Filmation’s The New Adventures of Superman and in their Justice League shorts too (no “He played in their shorts? Golly geewillickers! Hyuk, hyuk!” jokes please ).

Overall: Reeve. To paraphrase Stallone: “Over. Done. Owned.”

3 Likes

Kirk Alyn does not get the love he deserves.

3 Likes

Henry Cavil he has the only superman movie I like that’s not animated (man of steel)

4 Likes

Cavil is the only superman I have liked so far in live action. And man of steel is may favorite superhero film.

2 Likes

Christopher Reeve. No other actor has ever done a good job of making Superman and Clark so different, in addition to really capturing his wholesome attitude.

3 Likes

Henry Cavill made me change favorites from the animated Superman to a live one.

3 Likes

Henry Cavill

3 Likes