Who is The True Reverse Batman?

Many writers have tried to create a Reverse Flash for Batman, some more popular than others, but which is the best? My only rule is no alternate earth characters, so no Owl Man or Zur-En-Arrh. My money’s on Killer Moth, he’s such a opposite — he’s bad at his job, unlike Batman.

0 voters

1 Like

Only because he is in a Batman suit

2 Likes

In case anybody’s wondering why I chose not to make the people who voted visible, I uh…forgot…heheh…

1 Like

Killer Moth was certainly intended that way, but his “Batman for the criminals” shtick doesn’t really play as well in a world where Batman isn’t deputized. The Wrath is my Bizarro Batman of choice.

2 Likes

It’s ok lol I understand lol

2 Likes

Deathstroke and Hush also have some Batman-but-evil tendencies. My overall preference is Bane because the parallels are more subtle and I like him best as a character of this bunch. The Wrath is probably the most on-the-nose one-for-one inversion of Batman’s whole deal, I guess (though Prometheus and Hush are also pretty… unsubtle). And on a meta level, Deathstroke is the one who seems to be used in similar ways to Batman. He’s a crazy-prepared guy who takes on opponents way above his weight class, picks up a lot of periphery “family” characters, does lots of teamups, and makes it into adaptations. (And he has his own Alfred, which none of the others do.) So I picked Other because I think he’s closer in spirit than the others.

3 Likes

I would say the Batman Who Laughs but I know there’s some issues with the rules u set up & other reasons. Including tbwl never wanted to be like Batman.

1 Like

I always saw Deathstroke as a Teen Titans villain despite a few appearances in the Arkham games and elsewhere, but now that you mention it, there are way more similarities between them than I’d ever thought. (Also I COMPELTELY forgot Hush existed…)

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, I think one of the reasons Deathstroke works better than some of the others is that it’s not just two of the same guy fighting each other. Instead, it plays with Nightwing and his team having a long-standing rivalry with a guy who’s so much like his mentor.

2 Likes