Who Is the Toughest Outsider! Not Your Favorite but the Toughest Character?

@FillionAphile I love MMA, and I love analogies so I’ll give one here.

I’ve been to jiu-jitsu classes and watched smaller, less powerful people submit much larger and stronger opponents. That was from one person being years ahead of the other in terms of knowledge, skill, and fight experience.

Halo was powerful, true. But we watched her resurrect more than once because we saw her make more than a few mistakes that cost her her life. As powerful as she was, she was prone to mistakes. She was also susceptible to mind games, something we witnessed her fall victim to. A weakness Nightwing would definitely recognize as a flaw to be exploited.

2 Likes

I love the quick wit. I agree that Geo-Force is by far the strongest Outsider! I think that Halo is faster, smarter, and could react quick enough to avoid getting stopped by Geo. Plus Fred Bugg with 2 G’s would be protecting her. So…

1 Like

@FillionAphile

No worries- it took me awhile to get the hang of it. But basically, if you highlight what you want to quote, the ‘Quote’ option should then appear.

2 Likes

Touche. but a fully trained and self aware Halo? Dick would find away to exploit her, but she will resurrect and adapt. How does Dick stop her?

I concede to mental toughness, she is younger and dick is the pro! Dick also, never quits. Halo is highly adaptable and quick learner. Can she use anything against Dick?

2 Likes

Thanks,

So, if you insert link into fresh reply, you will get the grey box that will ID you are referring to another post, correct?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct.

2 Likes

Thank you sir… I like the MMA anology. I concede that Dick definitely as of the current DCU timeline has the advantage in a sparing or fight scenario. What about when all her powers manifest and she has full confidence?

2 Likes

Now the system is messing with me. The Russians are hacking DCU! :grinning:

2 Likes

Grayson is roughly the same size and build as Brion. At some point, if the goal is to eliminate Halo from the playing field, he could disguise himself as Brion and use their relationship against her. With his connections with Batman, Oracle, and Miss Martian he easily has the ability to pull it off. And when she lets her guard down, he knocks her out and removes the threat she poses.

2 Likes

So, Bat’s devises a way to neutralize her powers, say Nth Metal cuffs or Lex Corp type tech, and with help from Leaguer’s He neutralizes her!.

I like it.

My Counter: How will the league deal with Brion and Jeff Bugg with 2 g’s if Dick does that?

2 Likes

Now it wont let me quote you… lol

1 Like

You have to do a link or partial quote or the system will delete the quote?

2 Likes

yay, I am not a complete dip@#$%! After the 20th attempt

1 Like

I put my own link into one of my topics yesterday when I was trying to quote from my post… Shameless self promotion!

2 Likes

Forager isn’t likely to be unable to control his rage. Geo-Force is though.

As powerful as he is though, he has weaknesses they can exploit to. He’s susceptible to mindcontrol. If you conclude the distance, you can physically hurt him. Or you can use his obvious public connections against him, like Grayson does here-

2 Likes

We should put together a joint topic with a poll around cage matches… Like back when Wildcat and Canary faught or more recently Hawk and Dove. Something special like the Movie Tournament? Would you be down? I will take this offline for now and bring it to the Lounge, bounce it off some admin…

2 Likes

But he would die for Halo

1 Like

If he believed they were actually trying to hurt her, yes. But its not likely- they were all trained by Nightwing, so there’s a level of trust there.

2 Likes

What a great series! I just got done re-watching entire run for the 3rd time. Outsiders was so well written and really reflects what the comic intended. I hope we get a 4th season somehow.

1 Like

On the other hand, could they maybe over react since what happened to Tara? As well as the fracturing within the league around trust overall? Hmm… We went down a rabbit hole my friend, waskly wabbits!

1 Like