Who is the real leader of the Justice League, Batman or Superman?

The Justice League. We all know who they are what what they can individually, But who’s really fit to lead them? We know idealy its our boy Superman, and his leadership skills are great with his boy svout attitude and always seeing the good in people and his team mates. On the other hand, Batman funds the League and made plans to take each of them down should he have to. Superman never and doesnt have these plans because he believes the good in others, and lets be honest if Green Lantern did go rogue Superman could easily take him down. But evern more so Superman only has 2 with his abblites, Supergirl and his clone Superboy, while Batman has 4 different robins, Oracle, Batwoman, Gordon etc. he’s been leading people for much longer and has had better training than Superman. Sure Batman wouldnt take the job beacuse we know know we wouldnt do it, but i ask all of you. Looking at all we know from the animated series to movies to comics, i ask you. Who should thr rightful leader of the Justice League should be?

1 Like

I always feel Batman should and always remain the leader he is the smartest member and always 2 steps ahead of everyone

4 Likes

Batman

2 Likes

I never thought it was Superman to begin with. To me, it should be the Flash. Every time something happens to him, the group falls apart.

1 Like

Makes sense, look at the Justice Lords

1 Like

I always felt it was co lead by the trinity. Sometimes it feels Batman or Supes is the true captain but to me it’s Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman as biggest council member and then Martian Manhunter and others and not one individual leader

2 Likes

Batman. He came up with a plan to beat the Justice League himself. He knows everyone’s weakness. One of a trait of what a leader is suppose to be in my opinion.

2 Likes

It SHOULD be Wonder Woman or Martian manhunter both of them are smart characters and care about the team and not just themselves.

2 Likes

Martian Manhunter always did a nice job as leader .

2 Likes

Martian Manhunter and especially Wonder Woman fit better as A leader and not THE leader

Superman. To me, Batman shouldn’t really be a part of the JL, more of a consultant or an as needed member. I also like it when Bruce is more focused on the problems in Gotham.

1 Like

Batman can’t be the leader because he stated Gotham comes first to him. that’s why it’s a joke that he’s only a part Time member lol
batman is smart enough to know that form the world’s point of view having Superman be the leader just looks better.

2 Likes

I agree with people ITT about it being co-lead by core members.

I think when it comes to overall morale and being a symbol of leadership, it’s Superman and Wonder Woman.

Batman is the one behind the scenes making sure the finer details aren’t glossed over, keeping the team in check as the Devil’s advocate.

But when it comes down to team logistics, Martian Manhunter is the one keeping JL a well-oiled machine.

5 Likes

I say it’s SUPERMAN! Since the old days I’ve always seen HIM as the real main leader of the league, he’s always been the idealistic inspiration of HOPE TRUTH JUSTICE & THE AMERICAN WAY to all the heroes and that’s what always made him a great leader of it since the old classic Superfriends cartoon series days.

1 Like

There is no real leader. They operate as a team with different people each giving an equal amount of input. No of them is really the person constantly giving orders. WW, Bats, and Supes kind of all lead in different ways.

J’onn or Mr T.

Bats and Supes are muscle and brains and good looks (these attributes do not all apply to one of the characters listed. See drop down.) Holt and John can run everything and have been shown to be great leaders.

layered security
can't be too careful
You can probably guess from the username anyways

It’s Superman.

This one’s just for fun.

I agree with Lian.

2 Likes

Batman is a tactical genius. Mr. T barely has anything on Batman when it comes to field experience. J’onn’s greatest ability is reading people, as opposed to Superman who has people’s trust. But J’onn’s not much of an actual leader. He distances himself to often to be a good leader.
I’ve always seen leadership as being Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman’s job.

1 Like

I disagree. Seeing as he is the most human-like out of the entire JL. The rest all have incredible power. But he is the one they respect and who adds realism to their conversations.

I disagree with your disagreement. Personality-wise Batman is the most in-human member. I do certainly agree that his voice carries a lot of respect and “realism” but that comes from a place of logic, tactics, and intelligence… not humanity. He’s typically not the leader for a reason. JL makes a pretty good case for him not being the best leader of the JL while having him be the leader also. I’m saying this as a Batman fanatic. The reason I read comics and the reason I’m a DC fan. I think he works better when he’s more street-level and more commited to that “realism” you’re referring to, rather than leading a team that shoots lasers out of their eyes on space adventures.

1 Like