Who Is The New Black Lantern? [Theories]

Yeah you’re probably right. I’m not all that familiar with the Quintessence. I thought I remember him being there but there’s a very good chance I’m wrong. I’ll check the comic later.

3 Likes

@Izzy11 I was thinking the same thing and trying to figure out if it was an Atlantean

4 Likes

I definitely think it should be an innocent person who got corrupted and brought back. Makes the plot worse as they realize there is no saving the person. I want it to be Jean Loring again. Close to the Justice League and responsible for so much agony. Rise Jean Rise!!!

3 Likes

You want to really make stuff all messed up and rock the DC Universe? How about Pa Kent !?!

4 Likes

no. making batman’s dad a villain was annoying enough,leave pa kent alone. not every character needs to be Luke skywalker

2 Likes

Very few things can truly shake Superman and make him vulnerable. This would do it. But no, I wouldnt want to really see it happen. I disliked the Man of Steel movie Pa Kent enough.

3 Likes

A sassy Black Lanter Alfred could be fun.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

But what if he uses the ring for good? Aside from Batman in Death Metal, I can’t think of another heroic Black Lantern, and the context of Death Metal didn’t really allow for the examination of the concept, which could be fascinating.

When Johns established the other corps, I thought he did a great job using them to explore the complexities of what makes a person good and how less pleasant emotions are still an essential part of life.

Well, what’s more a part of life than death? Yet that ring bearer was always written off as the obvious bad guy. I, for one, would love to see a story examining what the proper role of a Black Lantern could be, and if it brings Alfred back, well, so much the better.

2 Likes

Which would actually fit really well with what’s going on in Robin right now.

1 Like

Not to mention it would work well as a callback to Hal’s time as the Spectre.

2 Likes

That just looks like space to me.

Here’s a dark thought, though: what if it’s Aquababy?

2 Likes

I don’t know, even considering they pulled this with Jor-El so recently, I still kind of like the idea. Ma Kent could also work, for that matter.

1 Like

1 Like