Who is the Most Powerful Member of the Justice League?

Batman doesn’t have powers but he can take down every member of the justice league

2 Likes

Depends on what version of the league

1 Like

As much as I love Batman, I don’t count his abilities as making him powerful so much as skilled. Now, if we measure power as “ability to make things happen that you want to happen,” he might do better, but I’m thinking in terms of whose superpowers are the most powerful in their own right.

My top ten:

1: The Phantom Stranger. Possibly nigh-omnipotent, though he’s an honorary member and doesn’t actually do much.

2: Doctor Fate. Back in the Silver Age, he could trade punches with Superman, while still having a variety of extremely powerful magical and psychic abilities.

3: The Flash. His abilities are so much more than what would theoretically be encompassed by super speed that it’s not even funny. I only rank him behind Doctor Fate because Fate is still more versatile, and psychic powers and magic are just about the only things that are almost as OP-nerf-plx as super speed in the DCU.

4: Captain Atom. Writers kind of ignore him, but Captain Atom can manipulate massive amounts of energy. His weakness is that he has to retreat if his containment suit is breached, but doing that should not be nearly as easy as most writers make it. The guy doesn’t get enough credit, is what I’m saying.

5: Zatanna. She’s a versatile reality warper with very few clear limits on her abilities. She doesn’t seem to pull off feats on the same scale as those first four, but she is uniquely prepared to exploit an opponent’s vulnerabilities.

6: Martian Manhunter. Superman-tier physical abilities combined with being one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet is a good combination. I’m marking him down slightly due to an exceedingly common weakness.

7: Firestorm. He can turn anything into any other thing. It’s pretty awesome.

8: Captain Marvel. He’s roughly equivalent to Superman, but with fewer weaknesses.

9: Superman. I probably don’t have to explain this one.

10: Wonder Woman. Though her power levels are a bit inconsistent, and are often stated to be higher than they appear to be in practice. Regardless, she’s among the team’s heavy hitters and is roughly as scary to deal with as Superman for one reason or another, so here she is. I was thinking about putting Big Barda here instead, but Wonder Woman is probably a bit more versatile, if not quite as physically powerful.

3 Likes

If it’s the main 7 then it would be the Flash, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Wonder woman, Green lantern, Aquaman, and Batman. This is in terms of raw power and abilities.

2 Likes

Superman is the strongest, batman is the smartest, and wonder woman is the best fighter, so it’s a 3 way tie between those characters.