Who is the Most Mentally ill Character in the DC Universe

Ambush bug

1 Like

Creeper

Shade the Changing Man and Hourman would be my choices. Shade’s power literally comes from something called the Madness Vest, and Hourman is addicted to a drug of his own design.

2 Likes

Ambush bug, hes been committed, proven looney, and has a stuffed animal for a son, Cheeks. Truly a hero for our times.

@midoublezle.65664
Have you seen JLU Season 1, episode 26. “Epilogue” ?
It shows Ace, near death, and knowing she is going to die. She appears totally in control of her faculties and quite cognizant of what her powers are doing. She even talks about how she was treated, quite rationally. To me, I that is not the behavior of an insane person.

I wonder if it was not insanity, but a very (justifiably) pissed off teen/young adult deciding, “I’m lashing out, because they can’t stop me”.

Either way, if you like/interested in the character of Ace, “Epilogue” is worth watching, if you haven’t seen it.

1 Like

Mr. Nobody

Just finished reading Batman/Hush so I have to say hush.

Creeper is out there

1 Like

Well you have Victor Zsasz who is straight up a sociopath caused by severe depression and PTSD.

Lex Luthor is a textbook narcissist megalomaniac and is a sociopath.

Bruce Wayne suffers from the worst case of PTSD ever.

Crazy Jane suffers from dissociate identity disorder and has 63 personalities in her.

Harvey Dent is bipolar and suffers from PTSD.

Marionette suffers from dissociate identity disorder.

Trickster is a sociopath.

Ventriloquist suffers from multiple personality disorder

Killer Croc is a cannibalistic sociopath.

Any one of those can be argued as “being the most”

And we wont even get into the bout of crazy Hal Jordan or Superboy-Prime went through… I mean Superboy-Prime punched a superheroine’s head off, killed 32 Green Lanterns, a Superman, and a different Superboy, and caused all Earths to merge into one New Earth.

3 Likes

Metamorpho should get a mention

1 Like

Superman is pretty crazy when you think about it. Thats why Batman was plotting on him…just in case he went over the edge

I think Superman is certainly the most delusional character in DC.

How about Nightwing AKA the first Robin. First he had to witness his parents get killed in front of his own eyes. Then he had to wear those short shorts, robin hood boots and have Batman as a dad. All of that would scar anybody.

2 Likes

Riddler sure he seems all fancy but his mind is seriously messed up especially in his fits of rage after Batman beats him his interview tapes in the Batman Arkham asylum game are great references of that

What about Rose and Thorn?

Anyone who still wears underwear outside their tights.

Obsidian post infinity inc. poor guy. Even Alan Scott had no hope for him. I felt nothing but bad for him during JSA but that arc gave us the new Dr. Midnight who is awesome.
And Ragdoll. Secret Six Ragdoll.
And finally Jean Paul Valley. for basically every reason. PTSD, manic depressive, severe trauma involving Dumas. And weight and natural anxiety that bearing the mark of Azarael gives you. Anyone who has read his comic pre Agent of the Bat will know what I am talking about.

2 Likes

Obsidian, Jean Paul Valley, Batman, Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne). Those are some of the most messed up people I can think of in the DC Universe. Also, I suppose Rose/Thorn and Magenta are pretty messed up.

Jean Loring

3 Likes

Dr.Light the original one

2 Likes