Who is the Joker?!

I wanted to make this for fun though, but I really want to know, what do other people about the Joker and his identity? I listed some people who probably might be the Joker, and you will answer to them!

• Jerome Valeska: An abused kid who had bleach put into his mouth because of his evil aunt which is why he became pale, and got green hair. He was born with a mental illness that made him crazy, and his first kills were his aunt, and his girlfriend.
  • Jack Napier: Former gangster and killer. He robbed Axis Chemicals and fell into one of the vats when Batman came. He then poisoned many of Gothamā€™s citizens with a parade as his first crime!
  • Joseph Kerr: He was the owner of Axis Chemicals himself after he killed his parents in a rigged car accident. Jack Napier raided the place and Joseph then accidental fell into one off the vats when he was being fired at. He then robbed a bank but his members betrayed him and got him arrested, and Joseph Kerr would then escape and get revenge on killing them all.
  • Sonny: He was an orphan kid who was infected with a disease by a mob boss, and Sonny would get revenge on the mob boss years later by killing him. Sonny is the one who has Harley Quinn, and he treats her well, but still abuses her. Mainly because Sonny always wanted some love for him.

0 voters

6 Likes

All and none of the above. There is no one true Joker origin story.

10 Likes

I just wanted people to try and think of an origin story themselves. Can you try and make one? I would love to see an idea for an origin story of the Joker.

4 Likes

Actually, I have a whole book of Joker origin stories Iā€™d like to write someday. I just canā€™t share it here in case I ever want to use them.

I will share the working title, thoughā€¦ Stop Me If You Heard This One.

11 Likes

Have any ideas?

4 Likes

Like I said, a whole book. I just canā€™t share it for legal reasons. If you want to work in comics, donā€™t give away your ideas for free.

6 Likes

I just wanted to know a little bit of what you have in mind, but I understand.

4 Likes

This is also how I think of the Joker. I like how he should never really have an origin story. And even if we get it, it should be from his point of view, which is unreliable, so we have no idea if it is true or not.

Though, I am partial to the gangster who fell into a vat of chemicals version. Itā€™s done the most, but sometimes it just feel like it fits the Joker right. I will say I have never cared for the ā€˜comedian who failed and somehow ended up as the Jokerā€™ version.

5 Likes

Wrong, give away your bad ideas for free to sabotage the competition.

3 Likes

I think the appeal is that it is an unorthodox origin. Normally origins for great villains try to make them tragic and focus on how they ā€œused to be a sweet kid.ā€ This origin is more he has always been evil with no redeeming qualities.

5 Likes

This is a great title, I could actually hear the Jokerā€™s voice when I read it (I wonā€™t say which one though, thatā€™s for me to know and you to decide :wink:).

4 Likes

We all are right because, we all play a part of his psychosis. Everyone who reads his antics helps fuel his supersane 4th wall breaking mind. Simply,he is the very worse of us and because he is fiction we can all pull up a front row seat to the greatest show in our minds. :black_joker: :clown_face: hahaha :laughing: :joy: :rofl: hahaha.
tenor (1)

4 Likes

The Joker is my manical neighbor. Heā€™s seriously insane. Heā€™s constantly working in his yard or his shed. His kids are grown, out of the house, and seemingly, well-adjusted. A month ago, his wife baked some muffins as a gift for my familyā€¦ just for the hell of it! (They werenā€™t that good, but I mean, the WTF is that?!)

Whenever I see him, ugh! He waves and smiles. That smileā€¦ I mean, seriously. That freaking smileā€¦

ā€¦ freaking smile ā€¦

8 Likes

Between Jack Napier (Jack Nicholson Joker) who was the person who killed Batmanā€™s parents in the Burton and Schumacher Batman Universe and was also originally going to be the father of this universeā€™s Harley Quinn who wants to avenge her fatherā€™s death at the end of Batman 1989 against maybe Micheal Keaton Batman and Schumacherā€™s Robin along with Scarecrow, but was cut, next to Tim Burtonā€™s Superman Lives with Nicholas Cage as the Man of Steel, but lucky to get to voice him in Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, because of the failure and disaster of a Batman movie, Batman and Robin with Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy, comic-accurate Bane, and even, the most trippy casting ever, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze, and Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl with a different backstory than Barbara Gordon Batgirl, the Heath Ledger Joker (Dark Knight Trilogy), a terrorist who wants to work with Batman, even though heā€™s a psycho, the Jared Leto Joker (DCEU, Suicide Squad, beginning of Harley Quinn:Birds of Prey, and the much anticipated miniseries, the Snyder Cut of Justice League, decent interesting Joker), a messed-up gangster who can really get stuff his own way, even in his trusted allies, especially Margot Robbie Harley Quinn (one of my most favorite characters and actresses with actors, next to this universeā€™s Justice League, Shazam, the Birds of Prey, and even Suicide Squad both 2016 and even the upcoming 2021) and finally, Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix Joker), a failed comedian (fired from his job as a party clown, but still has the makeup) with a condition that makes him laugh maniacally, who was outcasted, bullied, and abused by the society of Gotham, which makes him snap and turn against Gotham, the world, his own mother, TV host, Murray Franklin, and even the Waynes, especially young Bruce, before he was Batman, which might be obvious if the Joker and Batman are both brothers, which explains their obvious relationship to each other, especially The LEGO Batman Movie, where they acted as frenemies or like brothers with sibling rivalry, even though through their source material in the DC comics, that they hate each other as archenemies, because Thomas, Bruceā€™s father had an affair with his mother, Penny Fleck, which convinces him that he is his dad and Bruce is his younger half-brother, even though he doesnā€™t know that, until he grows up to be Batman and fights with Arthur who is now the Joker.

2 Likes

This has always been my preferred explanation.

5 Likes

Jack Napier is the general identity of the joker in at least 3 continuities : batman white knight, batman (1989 movie) and Gotham high. then there is the 3 joker arch story which has 3 jokers the first being the comedian however this continuity takes place with the absence of Harley quins introduction. then there is Arthur =). however who is the actual joker in the other continuities is a big old mystery

4 Likes

I really like the theory that The Joker in The Dark Knight is a messed up former special ops soldier turned criminal.

But on a more meta level in reference to the comics, heā€™s an overused edgelord villain that needs some of his old gimmicks back, or a lengthy vacation.

3 Likes