Who Is the Best Underrated/Underused Batman Villain?

I’m going to say Calendar Man on this one, but Ratcatcher was a close second. Calendar Man was so obscure back in the early years, but after the long Halloween, he’s been a more serious character. So what’s your pick?

Who is the best underrated/underused Batman villain?

0 voters

7 Likes

i think of cluemaster as more of a Stephanie brown ormaybe even Tim Drake villain not Batman but that’s just me

5 Likes

Well i think it’s just that you associate Robin and Stephanie brown with Batman, and so you kind of think of him as a Batman character too. Either way, he’s fought him before, so I’d still consider him.

2 Likes

I think you could make an easy case for any of them. But I have to go with Ratcatcher (although I accidentally selected Professor Pyg naturally.) Ratcatcher is just really ominous to me. I always picture him sounding like a more deranged Darth Vader, complete with a breathing sound effect. I know some say that rats are a really goofy theme, but when you think about it there isn’t really anywhere to run from a horde of rats. So when given the incentive to hunt people down, rats are pretty terrifying. Plus the image of Batman or Robin being swarmed by rats is just very eye catching. Though to be entirely honest I HATE his New 52 design, I think it lives up to his goofy reputation.

3 Likes

Prof Pyg was an interesting villain in Gotham and before that show I had no idea who he was so I’ll go with him.

4 Likes

well yeah but when was the last time Batman fought cluemaster and either or both Steph and Tim were involved? he can fight Pyg on his own and it doesn’t feel like its missing something story wise. if batamn was fighting Cluemaster today with no reference to Steph or Tim I’d spend the whole time wondering where they were

2 Likes

He was also pretty good in Arkham Knight

2 Likes

I’m tied between Calender Man and Pyg. But I voted for Pyg just because I think he’s terrifying.

3 Likes

Professor Pyg always creeped me out. For some reason he always made me uneasy. I like stories with him in it. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Ratcatcher. His powers are actually kind of cool, he thrives in NML, and his goal is unique. I actually think he has C-lister (or maybe even B-lister!) potential.

Now, New 52 Ratcatcher was a mistake. (While we are at it, most of 52 was a mistake, but Ratcatcher really sticks out as a bad idea.)

2 Likes

Kill Moth used to be Bats’s arch enemy until the worf set in.

3 Likes

The Joker

1 Like

The key word is “underrated.” He’s overused if anything. Definitely not underrated.

1 Like

I know he isn’t exactly a Batman villain but I think Owlman from Earth 3. Batman and Owlman hardly interacted in the New 52 nor Rebirth

1 Like

I’m going to go with Pyg because he’s so messed up and twisted that I’m actually surprised that he’s as underrated as he is, considering that we have characters that aren’t afraid to be sadistic, he should fit in with the other Batman villains quite well, but I will agree that they are all underrated, Pyg to me just seems like he shouldn’t be.