Who Is the Best Robin?

Damian Wayne I grew up with and I like his development as Robin.

Tim Drake though is just the best Robin because it’s who he best as.

4 Likes

yeah i died to save my evil mom and she still didnt make it but i still did a good

5 Likes

even bruce i said i was the best

5 Likes

You did.

5 Likes

i did

4 Likes

I hear props for Tim here all the time.

It’s probably a reflection on when I started reading comics, but I think I fall into the camp where Tim just seems like a very generic, by the book, kind of Robin.

Dick is first, Jason is a rebel, Damian is blood, and Tim is sort of… Just a competent and dependable Robin.

I read Tim’s panel and I’m like, yup.

But yeah I don’t really know what I’m talking about. I need to read more Tim stuff. I’m not proud of it.

6 Likes

The real best Robin (iykyk)

5 Likes

Jarro…
Jarro (Character) - Comic Vine
No one thought I would actually mean that right?
But to be serious, Nightwing. Nightwing is the best robin, but Red Hood is my favorite.
Also, I would like to point out that lots of people forget about some robins completely. For example(mainly youtubers), leave out sooo many robins. Things like, “Stephanie Brown is the only female robin” I understand things like Jarro, but not this! And it’s sometimes the same with the differet lantern corps too.

6 Likes

Honestly @Cradle2theGabe I totally don’t blame you. For the longest time I thought the same thing about him which is what made me more fond of the other Robins including Stephanie Brown for that reason. However recently after his future state book and the stuff Meghan Fitzmartin wrote in his ongoing. I think I’m starting to see the appeal and even appreciate his new direction.

Always rolled my eyes when people started saying he was the smart Robin because it was always so basic like newsflash “they’re all smart!” Batman is called one of the smartest men alive, Batgirl especially as Oracle is a ungodly genius at computers where she becomes the information broker on all superheroes and Damian, Jason and Dick all have above average intelligence for all matter of situations.

However I argue is that Tim being smart is not what people think when they say he’s special. Tim Drake is the best Detective, the best one to plan and over-analyze all his battles to win against them. He’s not going to win based on skils but he can strategize against the best and can outsmart them all. He beat Lady Shiva, Ra’s al Ghul and Darkseid Omega beams with that logic. (That actually happened)

Mad lad

Tim Drake is how I feel about Kyle Rayner, the artistic Green Lantern whose contructs are always creative. Some kind of skill or mindset that sets them apart from others but not necessarily the best ones.

4 Likes

Tim is my fave and I think Steph could’ve been treated better by the writers during her time wearing the domino, but if I’m to be purely objective Dick was the best in that costume.

:00_robin:

6 Likes

That’s a great comparison. They are very similar in that regard. I’d love to see that team-up!

I did read his Future State arc and I really liked it. He takes some kind of super serum at the end if I recall. I always wondered if that had a follow up in the main continuity.

5 Likes

Same. :+1:

3 Likes

I think they had a brief interaction here as Tim tries to cheer up the new hero after Batman is his usual cheerful self.

In another six months Bruce and Kyle were on the same team.

4 Likes

Jarro!

4 Likes

AGREED. :100:

2 Likes

Jason Todd. Thanks to the Crisis, he’s two Robins for the price of one (though the changes to his personality are grossly exaggerated sometimes).

4 Likes

I think either Dick Grayson or Tim Drake is the best.

3 Likes