Who is The Best Live Action Joker?

1. Jared Leto
  2. Joaquin Phoenix
  3. Heath Ledger
    With DC comics being put into movies, comic accuracy is very important to me and I think that out of all the jokers I have seen (I have not seen Ceasar Romaro) on the screen Jared Letos character is the most accurate. I think what really helped his character was having his relationship with Harley Quinn shown in the movie. In the extended cut of Suicide Squad there is a lot more scenes with the joker and with the two of them together, which helps him in this ranking. I am also a biffer fan of the chemical vat origin story than any other.

I loved Cesar Romero’s Joker. It had that element of fun I’ve found others lacking. With that said I still haven’t seen a Joker performance I’d rate above a 7.0. I’ve yet to see a Joker performance that really felt accurate.

There’s is no best, they’re all great in a different way (except for leto). As a true joker fan i couldn’t pick just one or put them in order.

1 Like

Cameron Monaghan on Gotham, no doubt, he was just perfection. Insanity to the very core.

1 Like

Best Joker Hands Down Is Mark Hamill!
Fight Me!

But since we’re talking live action.

Romero
Nicholson
Leto

1. Jack Nicholson is he best live action Joker hands down in my own opinion.
  2. Heath Ledger comes in second. That was insane acting (see what I did there?) just not the Joker I know and love.
  3. Cesar Romero comes in third because I have not actually seen any others except…

honorable mention: Mark Hamill. He voiced the live-action Joker in Birds of Prey (2002). I wouldn’t count it but I’m putting it down anyways!

1 Like

Jack Nicholson
Cesar Romero
Heath Ledger

Boom! Nailed it, @TX85!

There’s is no best, they’re all great in a different way (except for leto). As a true joker fan i couldn’t pick just one or put them in order.

Well put, @LEXC0RP! I have favorites but it’s difficult to compare them when their interpretations are all so spot on! For some reason, the quote “There is no Dana, only Zuul” comes to mind. Haha.

And we just don’t talk about Leto. :stuck_out_tongue:

So right you are, @HarleysPudding! :laughing:

I find it very hard to choose between Ledger and Nicholson. They’re both fantastic but for different reasons. Same goes for Cesar Romero’s Joker. I also loved the Valeskas from Gotham, but I ain’t sure if they count. On Leto, I have no strong feelings about him one way or the other. I’ve also never seen Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker, Burbank a I heard great things.

If y’all want ANOTHER great live-Action interpretation of the character, I recommend Peter Shukoff’s Joker in “Epic Rap Battles of History.” He’s basically a near-perfect encapsulation of the many facets of the character’s personality, appearance, and story. I won’t spoil it for you. JUST WATCH THE VIDEO!!!