Who is the best GL of sector 2814?

Ive always been interested in how others rank Earths GL’s. For me it would be:

Guy Gardner
Simeon Baz
Jessica Cruz
John Stewart
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner

The Ron Mars run is what really got me into DC and I still believe Kyle had the most fulfilling story serving as the last Green Lantern. Ive never cared for Gardner or Baz. I find Cruz interesting and see a lot of potential in the character. Stewart is just an all around great character and honestly I cam close to putting him above Hal but Hal is Hal.

Batman
Kyle
Hal
Stewart
Baz
Guy
Cruz
Penguin (watch “The Batman”)

My #1 GL will always be Hal, with Kyle and John tied for 2nd. Geoff Johns’ GL run in 2008 is what got me into DC comics in the first place (I was a Marvel Zombie all through the 90s and only dabbled in DC then).

1 Like

Going off this list:

Kyle Rayner
Jessica Cruz
John Stewart
Guy Gardner
Hal Jordan
Simon Baz

G’Nort

4 Likes

@mfox1982.56122 is correct. G’nort is the whole list.

1 Like

My list has to be
Guy Gardner
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Kyle Rayner
Jessica Cruz
Simeon Baz

1 Like

Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
John Stewart
Jessica Cruz
Simon Baz
Guy Gardner

1 Like

She’s a relative newcomer on the scene, but Jessica Cruz has quickly become one of my favorite DC characters. More than any other Lantern, she best embodies the sensation of overcoming fear on a level that many of us- particularly those with anxiety issues- can really relate to. She’s a very special character.

3 Likes

Yeah I really like her backstory with her friends being killed right in front of her. How she is so scared of the world after that she stays in her room. I have bad anxiety and can relate.

I agree. Like I said I see so much potential in her character and can truly see her climbing up on my list.

1 Like

Hard to pick a favorite, but I’ll go with Guy.

1 Like

From best to, um, not best:

Hal Jordan, all the way.
Guy Gardner
Jessica Cruz
Charlie Vicker
John Stewart
Simon Baz

Ch’p
Arisia
Killowog
Katma Tui
Any other lantern that was stationed on Earth during that brief time in the 80s when the Green Lantern series was renamed the Green Lantern Corps

Kyle Rayner

Don’t know why, but I just have never liked Rayner.

You forgot G’nort. :angry:

2 Likes

Hal Jordan is by far my favorite and the best imo. I’d probably put John next, followed by Kyle. I like how different their constructs are described and visualized. Guy can be amusing, I guess. I haven’t read a lot with Simon, Jessica, or the teen. Simon was kind of interesting, but I really think there are too many GLs of 2814. I’d rather see more humans in other Corps; however, new GLs make more sense than some of the other multiplying mantles in the DCU.

Okay, fine, if we’re ignoring G’nort, my list in order of favorites (not skill):

Kyle (based on when he was the only one)
Hal
John (shout out to GL: Mosaic)
Jessica
Guy (current version only, hated him in the JLI/Warrior days)
Simon Baz (not that I don’t like Simon, but someone has to end the list)

John Stewart is the best Green Lantern.

Hal for sure, but man i gotta give credit to Kyle for how he held it down by himself after Hal destroyed everything. He pretty much built the corp back up.

1 Like