Who is Red X

Does anyone have a good theory on who Red X truly is?

1 Like

If you are asking about Teen Titans, it was deathstroke and then robin took the persona later on

My theory has always been Jason Todd. They couldn’t do the Red Hood persona due to the violence associated with it in a kids show. So they made him Red X in the same way that Deathstroke was Slade. This is why when we do see him, his fighting style is very similar to Robin’s. Because they were both trained by the same man: Batman.

5 Likes

darthpat I always thought it was Jason Todd too but it wouldnt make since in order for it to be Jason Todd Dick would have to be nightwing I saw this question somewhere else and some people believe a more plausable theory, that it was a clone.

and Alfred1017 when was Deathstroke was Red X?

1 Like

Dick doesn’t necessarily have to be Nightwing. Look at Titans. Jason Todd is Robin and Dick is still Robin when they meet, though he has split off from Batman. So it is plausible that Red X could be Jason.

2 Likes

darthpat true but i dont think Jason could beat Dick in a fight and on numerous occasions it looks as it Red X and Dick are an even or exact match to one another.

1 Like

I think he could be Grant Wilson. Who could have been Slade’s original apprentice before he turned to Robin. Also, Red X seems like he is older than Robin which doesn’t match Jason Todd’s age compared to Dick’s.

3 Likes

It’s Alfred.

6 Likes

@chris.mac, spot on :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The fact that he sounds, fights, and thinks like Dick Grayson leads me to believe that he’s really… a clone of Dick Grayson. I imagine Red X was Slade’s last effort at manufacturing an apprentice if Terra didn’t work out – but after she killed him, X was left without a purpose and struck out on his own.

5 Likes

Another possibility is maybe he is dick grayson from another universe

I like the Jason Todd theory.

4 Likes

Keith

1 Like

Jason Todd seems like the best theory. But I doubt we will ever know

2 Likes