Who Is Nightwing’s True Love? Batgirl or Starfire?

I’d vote for Babs but the HQ animated movie made me want to see more than just the one night stand between the two

2 Likes

Star all the way. It’s been said over and over again, but Dickbabs has too much of a brother/sister vibe for me. Plus, I’m WAY biased for anything Teen Titans! :smile: Also, Dick and Babs think too similarly and get too far into themselves. Kori helps pull him out. I think Babs needs someone like that, too.

6 Likes

Starfire hands down.

4 Likes

I dont have much knowledge on the Babs/Dick ship yet but im reading early Titans by Wolfman and Perez and while i like Starfire and Dick together, I feel like Raven/ Dick had some potential that i bet wasn’t explored

Starfire. Dick and Babs had their shot SEVERAL times - several more times than it deserves and it’s never worked out. It’s tired. Whereas Dick has actually settled down with Starfire once.

3 Likes

Kory and Dick :heart:
Love at first sight​:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Batgirl. Has to be Dick and Barbara! There are too many things Dick does in his story (and life) that Kory can’t fit into.

6 Likes

Idk what Dick and Babs ship name would be but I’m called Dick and Starfire Nightstar for both Nightwing and Starfire and because that’s their daughter’s name.

1 Like

Batgirl :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Babes is Dick’s one true love! Kory is great, but not who he belongs with.

5 Likes

I’m team Bruce and Dick need to make up before he starts dating anyone else. :roll_eyes:

I grew up with the Teen Titans animated show and loved Robin and Starfire together. Watching the DC animated movies, Starfire and Nightwing are a great couple and show how comfortable they are with each other and how they bring out each other’s best. It’s a great depiction of the comics where she’s a light in his life that supports him as he grows from Robin to Nightwing.

You see in stories like Kingdom Come and the New Order they have kids together, and in Kingdom Come you see how she mourns him. They have a long history and when they don’t work out it’s under weird circumstances where they’re written poorly/out of character, in my opinion.

I have to stay Starfire because he’s his best version, his happiest with her.

4 Likes

I feel like Barbara really understand Dick the most in Rebirth continuity. Star hasn’t really even focused on Dick since she went to space with Cy and Azrael. Babs really cares for him though, and you can see that throughout the beginning of Dick’s memory loss.
I have always been a hug Dick/Barbara fan. I never thought him and Star would last. It seemed to much like a high school girlfriend thing. Which is basically what it was. I think that Dick needs someone that can keep him grounded, “someone he can fly back to.” I really liked that storyline where Dick fell for someone else, and Barbara’s sad but is willing to let him be happy. That really gives me the feels, and I can totally relate.

3 Likes

Starfire they are star cross lovers and he has two kids with her. I demand mar’i grayson and Jake in young justice. Hahha

4 Likes

I am always a Babs/Dick shipper. My favorite one was when DC confirmed the only woman he could ever love was Babs. I loved it. It’s my favorite ship.

3 Likes

It’s happeneing

Infinity Inc. 84’ & Rolling Stone knows what’s up.

1 Like

But starfires good to but batgirl is the best

1 Like

People harp on Babs because they like the Robin/Batgirl relationship and keeping it in the family which is so high school and constantly feels forced, especially since rebirth and it’s indicative of DC pushing the mentality that Dick is a batboy and falls UNDER not next to or beside but under the Batman umbrella, being constantly regressed to a sidekick. If you need proof just look at Dick’s current position in comics. He was used as a plot device to further the cape and cowl being shot in the head not on his own book but in Batman’s. The only way to keep him around was to give him amnesia which essentially wrote him out of his own book. Now, it appears they’re working on bringing him back and look what story it is: Joker Wars, a Batman story.
When Dick is with the Titans it’s the exact opposite. He matures, learns, grows, becomes a respected leader, and eventually graduates to his own city. The question of Starfire or Babs is the idea of wether Dick should stay under Batman or be his own man.

Dick is best when he is his own man so I vote Starfire.

5 Likes

Comment below who Nightwing should end up with: Starfire or Batgirl? And please if you don’t mind put your reasons why the person you picked should be with nightwing/dick Grayson.

EDIT: I can’t believe I got so many answers thank you everybody! maybe we can get this into the trending category :heart_eyes::joy::crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes