Who is Jordan Kent?

So the CW recently announced the casting of Superman and Lois Lane’s TWO sons for its upcoming “Superman and Lois” TV show, revealing the names of their characters in the process. The first son is Jon Kent (expected), while the second is…JORDAN Kent?
Now, given how the CW LOVES its Easter eggs and references and “X original character was actually Y comic book character ALL ALONG!” reveals, I think it’s safe to assume that “Jordan” might end up being someone from the comics (there is no “Jordan Kent” in the comics, as far as I know, but I could wrong).
So go forth and speculate, friends! Is he Damian Wayne hiding under an assumed identity to protect himself from Bruce’s enemies? Is he a new version of Connor or Christopher Kent? An obscure character from DC’s backlog? The Eradicator or Bizarro? Who?

3 Likes

Ooh, a mystery!

2 Likes

Could be one son named after one of his fathers, and one named after the other? (if you think about it)

2 Likes

Oooh! I didn’t think about that as an origin for the name “Jordan!”
My question has more to do with whether or not “Jordan” is actually an alias being used by the showrunners to hide someone from the comics, or if he’s just an original character created for the show (I can’t recall any Jordan Kent from the comics, but I could be wrong)

3 Likes

This isn’t how official casting announcements work.

No, cause then it would be “Sam Kent”.

True. But think about things like John Diggle being John Stewart. (Granted, that was for the sake of keeping Arrow going but still). CW loves doing convoluted plot twists. @CaptThunder001 does have a point.

Yeah, admittedly that was a poor way to phrase things. Gonna edit and update that to something less “click bait”-y. My bad!

I appreciate the support, but I should have chosen a more careful set of words in the OP. That one was on me

1 Like

Diggle isn’t John Stewart.

They’ve taken elements of the John Stewart character and applied them to Diggle, but he isn’t that character, just as Thea Queen isn’t Mia Dearden despite essentially serving as a ‘stand-in’ for her.

Jordan could end up having elements of any number of existing DC Comics characters applied to his characterization, but his name isn’t some kind of ‘code’ for the name of an already-existing character from DC mythology.

2 Likes

I think he was referring to “Jor-El” (or at least, that’s what I’m assuming he meant).

2 Likes

Yep…exactly what I meant. He had two fathers, so would make sense to name a little one after each of them.

2 Likes

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but wasn’t that the name of Supeeman’s son in the Brandon Routh movie?

I thought it was a way of naming him after Jor-El, as well. The only precedent I can think of is Jordan Elliott in “Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?” That name was obviously in reference to Jor-El, but this may not be a direct call-back to that.

1 Like

That was Jason, which was/is also the name of Routh’s Superman’s son from Crisis on Infinite Earths

1 Like

I get what you mean. And I meant that in the way you just described. Jordan is probably a facsimile of some other DC character, or he is a codename, or he is OG. We just have to wait and find out.

1 Like

I guess. I still feel like lois would want, if clark gets his dad, to also get to pick the other name. Also, is the new show cast with the actors from Supergirl?

1 Like

I think Jon’s full name is “Jonathan Samuel Kent” (but that’s not a guarantee it’ll be his full name in the show).
They’ll be using the same actors for Superman and Lois from Supergirl, since it’s set in the same universe, and I imagine Jon Cryer will be showing up as Lex at some point, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the creators decided to use “post-Crisis” as an excuse to recast some of the “villains of the week” (I doubt they actually would, but it wouldn’t surprise me, either).

3 Likes

Was “Jordan Elliot” the alias Clark was using, or was that what he and Lois named their child? It’s been awhile since I last read “Whatever Happened…?”

It’s the alias Clark used. I wasn’t even thinking about the fact that they had a child in that story, and I couldn’t remember the child’s name, since it’s been a while since I read that, too. I just looked it up, and his name was…Jonathan. History repeats itself again and again.