Who is a character this app has made you start to like?

I started reading the Wally West version of “The Flash” on here, in the comic section, and found I really enjoy the Flash character. I had no clue I liked the character before this. I am planning on reading as much as possible from here on this character and the various versions. Is there any character that you have started liking because of reading a comic in the comic section? One that maybe you wouldn’t have ever read without having access to the comics here.

7 Likes

I owe my new-found fondness of the following characters to DCU (thanks DCU)!
-PowerGirl
-Star Girl
-Red Hood
-Cassandra Cain
-Catwoman & Batman (the Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and Catwoman: When in Rome really amplified my fondness of their characters)

2 Likes

Hal Jordan, Wally West, Super Boy

4 Likes

Constantine and Swamp Thing

3 Likes

That’s a tough one. I can’t think of one TBH.

2 Likes

There’s not enough variety on the comics for me to try something new. I mean, I’ve been reading DC for almost 30 years :yum:

3 Likes

I will say Doom Patrol because I knew absolutely nothing about the characters and never thought I would read the comic

6 Likes

Definitely Doom Patrol. I could never get in to it before but the show and DC Daily really helped. Kudos to both.

6 Likes

Doom Patrol easily got me into the books

5 Likes

Harley Quinn, was never much of a fan before, but her books on here most notably her New 52 and Rebirth runs have made a full on fan of hers. I doubt I ever would have read those if I hadn’t read the first issue on a whim on here, discovering her awesomeness was worth the fee for that months in and of itself. Also grown to liking The Green Arrow more after reading more of his stuff on here.

3 Likes

Doom Patrol. Beast Boy and Hal Jordan

3 Likes

Also Booster Gold!

4 Likes

It was more the convenience of all these characters in the same library, immediately available to look at personalities and power sets.

Over the years , I have been imagining one team of nine characters, using DC and Marvel storylines as plots to put them through. The members kept changing.

Recently I asked myself, why not use character I really liked as the nine, using those from our comic book library?

So I selected

Power Girl, Earth 2, leader
Huntress,Helena Wayne Earth 2, mini series here by Paul Levitz

Red Arrow, Roy Harper, from Meltzer Justice League / Young Justice TV show
Jessica Cruz, Green Lanterns

Martian Manhunter, mini series and Morrison JLA
Metamorpho, Outsiders

New Teen Titans
Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy

It was fun to put them through their paces in a fan fiction I wrote here, called 102 minutes, based on 9/11/2001 tragedy. Use Search 102 minutes and look in Community in Fan Creation forum.

When that event happened, didn’t we all wonder what if Superman stopped the planes? Or Batman or Wolverine was on a flight, or discovered it beforehand?

My team is not as powerful to stop or smart enough to prevent the tragedy, so they go down the stairs of World Trade mostly, finding and gathering survivors who were to die otherwise, because this team could start at the top and work themselves downward, above the fire zone.

2 Likes

Batwoman, and it seems I can’t shut up about her now lol
But also Green Arrow

4 Likes

Well, there are a lot of characters that I already knew I liked who I started really liking once I had more stories with them to read (Oracle, for instance), but the one who I had no interest in at all previously but has grown on me is Azrael. I went into the Azrael No Man’s Land tie-ins expecting edgy crap, and he was surprisingly likable for the most part. I’d already kind of liked him in Tynion’s Detective Comics, but it wasn’t until I read some of his original series that I realized he’d always been a cool dude. I guess people tend to think of him as the guy who was the edgy, violent Batman, but that was pretty explicitly a brainwashing thing.

2 Likes

The newest version of Manhunter also Checkmate

3 Likes

Ol Jim Gordon and Alfred they have definitely become my favorite characters in the Batbooks. They are the ones who always make me yell out when they do something awesome. Alfred Pennyworth does not tolerate any mess!!!

2 Likes

Manhunter, I ran through the run before it left and it was fantastic. I also read Birds of Prey which was also great. I’m using DCU to check out characters that I want to know more about.

3 Likes

Probably Jonathan Kent after going through Tomasi’s Rebirth run

2 Likes

I’ve found a new appreciation for Doom Patrol, mainly because of the series.

3 Likes