Who else was disappointed in Hush?

Yes very disappointed they shouldve kept it like the comic

i thought it was good. i never read the comics yet though.

While I feel a lot of the changes were pointless not to mention making it part of the animated movie universe wasn’t needed I find it to be average . Now I am disappointed in that they didn’t even attempt to make it closer to Jim Lee’s art style of for no other reason we’ll like never see this remade. Also this should have been better than it was. To me it feels like they took the ending from some other story and made it fit into Hush.

In the context of being part of the AMU I get things like using Damian instead of Tim and leaving Jason out. But I think the Cemetery scene wasn’t needed. It doesn’t add anything to the story other than setting Catwoman up to be captured which could have been done multiple ways…I even get changing the ending from Batman not trusting CW to CW wanting more from BM (or however would be better said).

Considering BM is/was wanting to change to be a better friend to Thomas Elliot and change for CW that TE being Hush would have made more of an impact. Also considering it’s a iconic story plus it’s a BM story is doing two movies really a streach as I’m not sure what kind of numbers WB/DC would want.

I will say that the one character I do miss from the comic is Harvey Dent. Two-Face is sufficiently well-known thanks to Batman Forever and The Dark Knight, so the movie could have included him without needing to establish him for the target audience.

I’m also not thrilled about the movie’s use of Bane. They couldn’t use Killer Croc because they had essentially cribbed his mutation story for Son of Batman, but I would have used someone other than Bane as a replacement. Perhaps they should have used Clayface here instead of trying to create an analogue for his Jason Todd impersonation scene from the comic. If that’s too far of a departure, then they could have gone with Warren White, aka Great White Shark. I mean, he practically is pre-Crisis Killer Croc.

It was an alright movie the Riddler twist was a big disappointment

1 Like

It was an alright movie the Riddler twist was a big disappointment

1 Like

I haven’t read Batman: Hush in a few years, so when it was revealed that the Riddler was Hush I thought that was a stupid twist. I said “Wait, that didn’t happen”. I think WB are adapting stories that are too short and should just focus on more original stories going forward.

1 Like

I feel the twist at the end undermined the character of Hush and in fact, missed the point of the “Hush” storyline altogether.

3 Likes

Twist was definetly disappointing and random. It didn’t ruin it but yeah it ended up just an okay film

2 Likes

Agree with the general trend here. Was okay, but Riddler is less interesting as Hush than Elliott

2 Likes

I had reread the comic before watching the movie and wondered how long they would make it since the comic is pretty long! What they cut out and left in had some weird choices. Plus his relationship with catwoman. Hush really messed with Batman’s head and I don’t feel like that was reflected well in this version. I Also don’t like Nigma for Hush since I felt it didn’t really fit his usual m.o. but cancer messes with ya I suppose.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. I thought everything was well done. Of course the 12 issue arc stands well on its own.

It was going well up until Thomas Elliot was killed, then imo it became confusing

1 Like