Who Else Collects DC LEGO?

I too have a large collection of Lego… Very large… like over a billion bricks large… I can’t find many bootlegs but I have a few… I especially like the Bat-family related sets and figs. (Does anyone know where to even get bootlegs?)

I have been working on ideas for a display. I like yours @SWhite!

You guys have impressive collections!

(I also wish they would make a big Doomsday.)

Thanks.
There’s a site called aliexpress that has bootlegs. The site sells every product ever made so you have to search for it. Typical key words should get you started. The items come from China so it’s slow (possibly slower now given how coronavirus is impacting manufacturing). I’ve had a few instances where products didn’t come but always got a full refund. There are many sellers so shop around but be wary because the variety is huge and it’s easy to go overboard.

1 Like

Good job, keeping sets together. I totally destroy them to make customs.
Oh, and thanks for the new thread Idea!

1 Like

I was really into the Lego Sets for a couple years, but the price keeps going up, and they take up space. The last one I purchased was the Clayface, it was so unique I had to own it. Some of the custom Lego work is just so amazing and imaginative.

2 Likes

So cool man!!!

1 Like

Here are some pics of what was once the Batman display. I took it off the wall to add to it and it tipped just enough to destabilize and when I opened it it collapsed. That blank spot on the left was an Arkham facade and gate. And pieces fell down in the cave too.

8 Likes

A few clear ones of the Hall of Justice.

9 Likes

That disco Nightwing Lego figure is awesome. I have to get that version of Nightwing and the Batman Beyond.

2 Likes

I’m really surprised they haven’t done a Beyond yet. I feel like futuristic builds are rife with potential and god knows they like making Batmobiles.

1 Like

I would love to see a Batman Beyond set with the bat mobile, along with Batman, Blight, and Inque.

2 Likes

I definitely didn’t expect this thread to pick up the way it has, not complaining though​:grin: I feel like this last little while LEGO has really cheated us with dc sets, keeping the ratio of dc to marvel 1:2 respectively and being really repetitive in what they give us both mini figures and in the model contained in the set. That could just be me though

1 Like

how do you guys afford this stuff, this is amazing.

I would tell you but it’s very illegal. Ok I’ll tell you. I run an underground POGS fight club.

2 Likes

This is stuff accumulated over like 10 years too. And sometimes gifts. I work as a school psychologist so it’s easy to get people to give me Legos. I keep the people and take the rest to work. “Don’t you want to help the children?” Muahahahaha
And to be honest, a lot of it is as simple as not always thinking it through when I hit Complete Purchase.

4 Likes

Even with multiple Iron Man and Spider-Man, Marvel sets seem to have more variety. Have you seen the upcoming Venomsaurus set?
Batman is my favorite character but I have enough cars and planes and Batman minifigs. I wish they would do more play sets. They may not have enough appeal to kids but I would love a GCPD roof with batsignal. I keep waiting to see what DC they will have for 2020. Hopefully a batmobile . . . .

2 Likes

@SWhite play sets, exactly! A rooftop or something like that would be so cool! And yes, I have seen the venomsaurus, which is kinda my point lol. I’ve yet to see stuff like that for DC lately

1 Like

Dude. Love the case. If this helps: they now have official Firestorms, Sinestro, Batman #27, and Huntress.
Also, they made a lego wheelchair, in a City set called Fun In the Park.
Just going off what I don’t see, trying to help complete your collection!

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliment. I actually do have those officials. Part of the reason both cases had breakdowns was because I went in to do some replacements and additions. Any time there is an official version I replace the custom so hopefully that balances that I buy bootlegs too. I would guess I have close to 100 that aren’t in these pics, either new or were ones that collapsed.

2 Likes

Love the Legos! Love this topic. So much fun!

2 Likes

Just kinda expanded on that Arkham Asylum set and sprinkled in a couple of characters. I have more DC sets they are just a mess, I’ll try to get a picture of my collection in tomorrow.

7 Likes