Who Do You Want to Play the Next Joker?

Me too! He’s be perfect for Robert Pattinsons Batman!

1 Like

Lewis Lovhaug would be great…
but erm,

2 Likes

I made a thread on my dream casting decision a while ago and it’s definitely still Lakieth Stanfield. He showed interest in playing the character a little while ago on Kimmel and I was definitely interested ever since. He’s probably my favorite working actor with such a diverse portfolio of performances. I’m definitely interested in seeing his take!

Here’s some fan art by ApexForm on Instagram:

4 Likes

Willem Dafoe

2 Likes

The kid that played him on Gotham was pretty good, giving him another chance with actual Joker makeup wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

4 Likes

Glover was the first person I thought of, too.
Excellent choice!

2 Likes

Defoe would be great as long as he doesn’t just play a version of himself in make-up.
That’s what I couldn’t stand about Jim Carrey’s Riddler. He didn’t play the Riddler. He played himself using the Riddler’s schtick.

2 Likes

I think I’d like to see a live-action Joker that has the vibe of his first appearance; more of a serial killer type. Make the movie all dark and absolutely creepy as hell.
I remember the Riddler in the Dark Knight, Dark City arc. At one point, he shoved a ping pong ball down a baby’s throat. Batman had to do an emergency tracheostomy thereby acting out a ritual that Riddler needed him to perform: slitting the throat of a newborn child. That’s the kind of villainy that drew me to Batman in the first place.
That type of atmosphere would be awesome.

3 Likes

Well I didn’t like the Riddler in the Dark Knight, Dark City arc. Since when did the Riddler get into satanic rituals, and why is he so murderous than usual?

At the time, I didn’t realise that any of it was out of character. I had just begun reading Batman comics at the Anarchy arc a few issues earlier. So, I wasn’t as familiar as I am, now.

I reread it, the other day, for nostalgia’s sake. I had forgotten that the demon they were summoning was Barbathos.

1 Like

I would go with someone from TV

*Iwan Rheon: He played Ramsey Bolton on GOT, he could
definitely channel something akin to Jack Nicholson’s Clown prince

*Evan Peters: He’s been able to go to dark places on American Horror Story playing a variety of characters. I think he could easily play a calculated Anarchist with a multiple choice backstory.

*Freddy Highmore: Although he played a different type of psycho on Bates Motel. He was able to play someone nearly devoid of humanity. If they want a more subdued performance I think he could pull it off.

1 Like

I actually think Dan Stevens would make a good Joker.

2 Likes

After seeing him in Legion, I agree 100%.

1 Like