Who do you think should take over the Batman comic after Tom King?

Personally, I’ll be interested to see Rick Remender’s take on the character.

1 Like

I mean, a Bendis run would be amazing. Of course, Snyder coming back would also be great.

2 Likes

My choice would be Gail Simone.

4 Likes

I think my choice would be a brand new writer and just see what they can do with the character. And no more 85 issue runs for awhile.

1 Like

Ed Brubaker, or Christopher Priest.

5 Likes

I think Venditti should write it. Everything I’ve read by him is been great Green lanterns Freedom Fighters Hawkman the list goes on and on.

1 Like

Oooh, Brubaker returning to Batman would be great, as I really dug his post-No Man’s Land run on Batman.

I’m for Bru.

2 Likes

I don’t read new comics all that much, but I would be so on board for a Gail Simone run.

I haven’t read much by Christopher Priest, but I’ve liked what I have read so I’d definitely at least give that a chance.

3 Likes

@piotroj
If we don’t get Bendis on it, that’s what I would want. Some new writer nobody’s heard of getting a chance to prove themselves on a massive book, although we disagree in that I’m a fan of long runs.

1 Like

I am a fun of long runs as well, but the way King has handled his is not the way I would have liked it to be. There’s wayyyyy too much filler. Down the road I wouldn’t mind another long run, but come January give us a couple of short arcs that build off of each other.

1 Like

I’m fine with a long run as long as long it’s not trying so hard to be ONE BIG EPIC. Two- and three-shots are just fine, thank you.

4 Likes

I liked Greg Pak’s writing in the New 52 for both Action Comics and Batman/Superman. Wouldn’t mind seeing what he can do with Batman.

1 Like

I’d be interested in seeing Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips on the book. Brubaker has always been a great Noir writer and noir has been missing from Batman comics for a while. He had a run on Batman before but I think he’s evolved as a writer since then and putting him with Phillips (a frequent collaborator) would make a big difference after previously being paired with Scott McDaniel’s art.

2 Likes

@piotroj king just made his job too hard this year. Issue #1-57 are wonderful!!

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson his run is 100% not for everyone but I’m happy for the people who have enjoyed all of it

1 Like

@Nathan.Payson his run is 100% not for everyone but I’m happy for the people who have enjoyed all of it

1 Like

I’d like to see Tom Taylor on it, but the other suggestions made sound good too.

3 Likes

Tom Taylor is a good choice for sure. Even when writing bigger DC world stories he conveys a grasp of the character. His recent Batman Annual was also fantastic.

3 Likes

Tom Taylor is a good choice for sure. Even when writing bigger DC world stories he conveys a grasp of the character. His recent Batman Annual was also fantastic.

3 Likes

Of the ones mentioned, I’d definitely be for runs by Simone, Priest, or Taylor.

5 Likes