Who do you feel is DC's most underrated character?

I feel it’s Cyborg. Because of Teen Titans Go I feel he’s been given the Aquaman treatment. It’s time for DC to revamp his character like they did with Aquaman. Give him an animated series, live action movie or tv series. Plus more compelling villains.

9 Likes

Kyle Rayner
Cyborg
Adam Strange
Vigilante (Greg Saunders)
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Blue Beetle(whichever)
Question(Vic or Rene)

2 Likes

Hawkman.

He’s got it all. Scientist, alien, magic, romance, ancient-history vs future-tech, freewill vs prophecy, addiction, no place to call home, being right but never correct, and on and on.

Even the evil Hawkman from Justice League Unlimited was a conflicted character.

The comics have a hard time nailing him down because he’s a super complex character.

3 Likes

Steel
Plastic Man
Mr.Freeze

Hawkman - I would be more inclined to follow hawkman more if his origin story was simple and precise. Because I liked how he was portrayed in the few times of n52

2 Likes

The New Hawkman in rebirth is great, especially since Carter Hall’s reincarnation theory includes time AND space, so the silver age and golden age versions of Hawkman are the same person, just in a different place and time.

What makes Carter formidable is his experience and knowledge, gained from past lives.

He is much more than angry Hawkman which he is often reduced to.

3 Likes

I love Mr.Freeze and he should get more attention

2 Likes

Hawkman has definitely gotten alot more accessible since they made him the superhero version of Indiana Jones meets Doctor Who in the new series.

2 Likes

Shazam is another one who deserves more attention. Hopefully his new series and the movie next year will elevate his status somewhat.

3 Likes

@KingXcel
There are way too many underrated characters, but I’d definitely have to agree about Cyborg. He is a mechanical BEAST.
When I think of him in his own film (live-action or animated), I also think of Terminator, infused with a splash of humor and actual humanity.

It would be so good - Needs to be done!

6 Likes

Jonah Hex
B’wana Beast
Dr. Polaris
Deadman
Gentlemen Ghost
Shade

1 Like

Definitely Blue Beetle

2 Likes

Or atrocitus

1 Like

The Reaper form Batman year two

1 Like

Cyborg.

A. He’s got a cool name.
2. With technology being a driving force in society more than ever, he’s one of the most relevant characters ever and generally speaking, more relevant than ever.
#. He can whip up a multitude of technological solutions and weaponry toot sweet.
D. To quote Superman: “He’s Justice League!”

I just wish they’d finish his current series. It went on a break, then came back and has been on a break. I quite enjoyed his solo books, especially the Rebirth title. It’s an underrated gem in the overflowing with riches Rebirth crown.

5 Likes

Rex The Wonder Dog. He rarely shows up. I think last time he appears is in Dark Knights metal. Wild Hunt #1 if I remember correctly. But yeah, he need like a retelling atleast

1 Like

Damian Wayne, I think gets the least attention

2 Likes

Dr Fate

3 Likes

Fire and Ice, but mostly Ice. They work best as a duo, but they never really gave Ice much to do.

3 Likes

Swap thing definitely but that might change once his show comes also Simon baz is pretty cool he’s fairly new though so it might take some more time for people to really appreciate him

3 Likes

I say powergirl or swamp thing

2 Likes