Who Decided That Jason Momoa Should Have Been Aquaman?

So have the creators ever seen who Lobo is or did they just say we need aquaman to be “cool” like lobo.

I believe it was Snyder that cast him.

1 Like

Yes, because it’s not like Aquaman was never a long-haired, bearded, brooding badass…

6 Likes

He wasn’t acting anywhere near how they portrayed him in my opinion. He was more like a lobo looking for a fight. To me that’s not aquaman. Aquaman usually has a purpose to why he’s so hostile

1 Like

I think he’s a fine Aquaman, but he could probably play an even better Lobo. And I wouldn’t say he’s outright hostile, but he’s a little headstrong, which isn’t totally out of character.

7 Likes

I admit, it was me. I decided it.

6 Likes

I was fine with him as Aquaman, but now that you’ve said that, man I wish we could have seen him as Lobo

4 Likes

I’m not going to lie and pretend I’m an Aquaman expert, but he felt especially “bro” to me. Especially for a dude raised in coastal Maine. Admittedly, I’m not a coastal Maine expert either.

1 Like

I get why they did it but as a huge fan of Aquaman he’s not my cup of tea. Totally agree he could have killed it as lobo though.

1 Like

If you cast Mamoa, you instantly win in my heart.

1 Like

It made over a billion dollars. Hard to argue with that.

1 Like

He was destined to be Aquaman when he appeared on a show called “Stargate Atlantis

4 Likes