Who could play Granny Goodness in New Gods film?

Any General Hospital fans out there who think Constance Towers would make an excellent Granny Goodness? Or maybe we can go against type and cast Leslie Charleson also from General Hospital. Or how about Erika Slezak from One Life To Live. If you want to go with a big star, how about Meryl Streep, Angela Lansbury or Betty White? If you want to go African American, how about Oprah Winfrey? Although I would want to see Oprah play Amanda Waller who Amanda’s original look was based on, I believe? Speaking of comic characters whose looks were based on someone famous, have always wanted to see Sting, himself play Constantine?

2 Likes

Oprah’s a good pull, especially considering Ava DuVernay has a history of working with her. I think she’d knock it out of the park.

As for Amanda Waller, I think Viola Davis did an AMAZING job as Waller in Suicide Squad, and I’m excited to see her in the next movie. I wouldn’t give that role to anybody else.

Two words: Kathy Bates

4 Likes

^^ yes please. Kathy Bates was my first thought.

Kathy Bates or Jessica lange

Kathy Bates or Judi Dench.

I meant to write Kathy Bates or Dame Judi Dench.

1 Like

Judi Dench would be a VERY interesting!

Diane Delano would be a good choice.

She voiced Stompa on STAS and in the Lego DC Super-Villains video game, where she also happened to play Granny Goodness. So, she already knows the character to an extent.

She also played the ball-busting science teacher Ms. Glass on The WB’s “Popular” TV show in the early 00’s, so she knows how to play the authoritarian hardass with a touch of feigned sweetness too.

Betty White. Trust me I know she’s hilarious but she has range. Also today is her 97th birthday. She definitely uses Ra’s’ Lazarus Pit.