Who cares more for the people and they're city, bats or supes?

Just wondering what everyones take on this subject is. In my opinion its bruce.

4 Likes

That is a very interesting question!
I feel like I should say Superman, but my heart of heart says Batman.
With such personal ties to the city he fights for, the Bat’s connection runs deep. His passion for getting justice for his parents’ eath near immediately became synonymous with cleaning up Gotham to prevent others from having to suffer the same loss he suffered.

His connection to Gotham is personal, which I feel definitely deepens his passion for the city and its people.

Supes’ care is somewhat generic, compared to Batman. That isn’t to say it isn’t genuine.
But Superman defends people for the sake of “humanity” moreso than out of “care” for the people in particular.

That’s my gut reaction, anyway. I can totally see an argument for the other way around. But I’d love to hear other opinions!

6 Likes

Like Kitty I want to say Superman because well… he’s Superman. but Batman has dedicated his entire life to protecting his city, a city that most have given up on. Superman comes from a good City he is trying to keep a good City. Batman lives in a hell hole and dedicated almost all of his time and energy (seriously, unlike Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne is almost a formality, a distraction to him even) to turning it around no matter how impossible it seems.

4 Likes

I don’t know. I think it’s a bit of a disservice to either of them to say the other cares more. That said, I think in part Clark Kent went to Metropolis because that’s where the action is, while Batman protects Gotham because that’s his home. So, I’d say that while they both care about the people they watch over, Batman has a more specific interest in his city. I’d phrase it this way: if they had to protect different cities, Superman could adjust more easily than Batman could.

6 Likes

Here’s the difference: if Superman had to choose between saving Metropolis or the rest of the world, and there was no way around it, he would go with the needs of the many in a heartbeat.

If it were Gotham or the rest of the world, Batman… wouldn’t be so sure.

9 Likes

Another major difference, I think, is this: from the very beginning, Superman has been a global superhero. His adventures have taken him all over the world since Day 1. His initial mission was to preserve Truth, Justice, and the AMERICAN Way, not just one city. To wit: Superman is from Kansas, has a Fortress of Solitude in the Arctic, and a new one in the Bermuda Triangle.

Batman, on the other hand, has always sworn to sweep the streets of GOTHAM from crime. Other cases may lead him abroad, but the one and only Wayne Manor is in Gotham.

8 Likes

You are on the money with this one @hubcityQuestion. I agree with you completely.

3 Likes

Spot on assessment, @HubCityQuestion.

1 Like

I feel like Superman would help me wash my car/paint my fence/catch my runaway dog. Batman would be too busy with “crime” and “murderers” and “hostage crises.”

2 Likes

Even though Batman is my favorite character he only became such because of a personal tragedy. Superman came to this world not knowing anybody and wnated to use his powers to save any and everybody. Even though bats saves people he is more open to mayhem and destruction than superman. We have seen batman put personal relations above the needs of the city so im going to say Superaman as my answer

I think Superman cares about humanity as a whole more. But when it comes to their individual cities, Bruce takes the cake. He’s not much of a people person, sure, but he spends night after night putting his life at risk to save the people of Gotham, and then donates millions of dollars as Beuce Wayne to make the city a better place. Superman on the other hand is a very global hero, helping people all over the world. Not to mention the fact that in his day job, Clark betrays all forms of journalistic integrity by writing about Superman, lying in a much more severe way to the people of Metropolis than Beuce does ot the people of Gotham.

On the other hand, Batman needs to be more extreme than Superman. If Batman were bullet proof, and didn’t live in a city filled with gang violence, drug trafficking, murder and psychotic superhumans, then maybe he’d have time to make visits to local carwashes too.

1 Like

I don’t follow comics much and am more of a movies/ games person, so I think batman is more of that cause I follow the injustice series, so yeah there’s that

Biff pow that was hilarious haha and question was so right

1 Like

I think Bruce Wayne would help :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Definitely Bats.

Superman would pick Louise over Metropolis while Bats would pick Gotham over anything.

3 Likes

@Gibbyhertz
Right… LIke, what’s a Kitty gotta do to get a Bat’s heart? :3

1 Like

Love. These. Responses.
Great question, @Supesbaby!

2 Likes

@kitty. Its just one of my random thoughts through out my day. I have mini debates with myself over different characters all the time haha

@Supesbaby Feel free to share them here!
I always enjoy a healthy discussion of perspectives! :smile:

2 Likes