Who are the DCU's Biggest Bads, and suitors to be Big Screen Villains?

Okay, just for reference I just got finished watching Infinity War for the second time (first time bootleg). During the fight scene on Titan where they’re working to hold Thanos down it made me think of AMAZO. Like, there was a thread about underrated heroes/villains and I don’t know how I forgot about AMAZO. Ever since I first read him in Under The Hood he’s been one of my favorite bad guys. I think in YJ they mentioned the entire league taking him on for 17 hours or something? So, to end ramble he doesn’t appear that often, is portrayed as underrated but could really be a Worldbeater???

Second train of thought, I saw the reference to Titans series being loosely tied to The Terror of Trigon Arc. I lol’d when it said he had deathbeams. Darkseid vs Trigon, who wins? They both are Gods/Demons with their own unholy kingdoms and powers to wield.

Personally I’ve always thought of Darkseid as the DCU’s biggest bad, with Doomsday somewhere in the top 10

Despero and Mongul are others who had slipped through the cracks but thanks again to YJ they were illuminated in a pretty badass way.

I think if done right, the next live action DCU movie outta have Amazo as the big bad. Have him start headhunting some small fry’s before moving on to the bigger JL members. Space it out over several movies maybe?

Also for the record, and if someone knows the issue, that’d be great because I can’t remember, but Steppenwolf in one of the Earth 2, three part novels was pretty damn krunk. It was where Green Lantern was the embodiment of The Green, and is fighting off death that had taken over earth adn GL dies in the final fight against Death/(Black Lantern?) I believe the other issues were Wonder Woman and…Bats or Aquaman.

At any rate, I’m gonna throw two lists, out here. First, one list with a like top twenty in no order. The second list will be biggest bads who can be suitors for the big screen.

Also, just to clarify, anyone on either list outta have Worldbeater status, or the cajones to step up to the plate. Like, Black Manta, Captain Cold, Joker etc are Big, but not “Worldbeater” big if you know what I mean.

First List:

Antimonitor

Superboy Prime

Darkseid

Amazo

Trigon

Mongul

Despero

Steppenwolf

Doomsday

Lobo (giving him an honorable mention since he killed off his entire planet for thrills)

Ya know, as I look over my list I realize there probably doesn’t need to be more that 10-15 big bads of that caliber, and anyone on the above list qualifies for screentime or has had it (Doomsday, Steppenwolf and to a lesser degree Trigon)

I’m sure there’s a few I missed. Thanks for sticking with me if you read all the way!

Lobo
Darkseid
Parasite
Psycho Pirate
Vertigo
Ra’s
Doomsday
Hector Hammond
Solomon Grundy
Lady Shiva
Deathstroke
Brainiac
Bloody Mary
Lashina
Gilotina
Black Racer
Zoom
Metallo
Imperiex
Trigon
Teth Adam

1 Like

Half of these cats I’ve never heard of! They’re all heavy hitters/ballers?

Okay, just to have a conversation here, you gotta convince me bro. The first list I can agree with with Psycho Pirate getting the nod because of Crisis and his ability to fuck shit up sideways no matter who it is. You gotta convince me that the second list are all Villains who can take on multiple heroes at once with the ability to end a world, or galaxy with a belch and still be hungry for more.

Not trying to be argumentative, just…convince me :wink:

Lobo
Darkseid
Psycho Pirate
Doomsday
Brainiac
Black Racer
Imperiex
Trigon

Parasite
Vertigo
Ra’s
Hector Hammond
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Bloody Mary
Lashina
Gilotina
Zoom
Metallo
Teth Adam
Lady Shiva

Starro is my one and only pick!

He (she/ it?) would be dope to see on the big screen because he was the first villian the Justice League came together to fight.

Is it a bad thing nobody has mentioned Brainiac yet haha?

Doomsday787

I’ve actually used him on almost all posts similar to this one. So I figured I’d give him a rest & put a few females in since there my favorite side of DC.

Just saw your other post Dommsday787. Was just putting ones that I haven’t listed 1,000xs b4 & ones I figured everyone else would use. As far as Lashina, Gilotina etc. go their New Gods (ok female furries) but still New Gods. Granny Goodness wouldn’t allow anyone in that couldn’t hold their own vs anyone. If she does Darkseid would kill her. I could redo the list & put all the same ones everyone puts all the time. Felt like change was good. You can read up on all the ones of mine u don’t like & you’ll find they all have methods of holding their own plus u might learn something u didn’t know b4. Also not being argumentative just trying to avoid being repetitive & boring. Hope that’s enough to convince u of why I made my choices. If not, oh well, can’t bat 1,000 with everyone’s opinion.

Doomsday787

Sorry, if it came off aggressive that completely wasn’t my intention. I honestly was just tired of listing all the same ones every time. Also didn’t see that u said you’d never heard of half of them. I thought u were repeating my list as a knock on my choices not as an opportunity for me to explain them. It’s definitely not a who’s who of the biggest & the baddest but again I’d literally laid down the same list multiple times b4 this thread so I felt like a change. Even I was getting tired of reading my same list multiple times on multiple threads. All good tho. No harm in asking why I chose who I did, I get where you’re coming from. I hope my explanation is satisfactory.