Which Wonder Woman Villain Is Your Favorite?

The question is simple enough. Wonder Woman has a plethora of thrilling and amazing villains across books, film, television, and of course comics. Which ones do you enjoy?

So far the Wonder Woman Encyclopedia of Villains has 96 of Wonder Womans amazing enemies covered and I know we have many more to go.

So I thought it might be interesting to see what villains people enjoy be they already covered in the encyclopedia or otherwise. Discover and discuss what draws peoples interest to a particular baddie or depiction of them.

10 Likes

I can’t pick just one, but offhand, my top three are:

• Ares
  • Cheetah
  • Circe

A trinity of malignant divinity, animal ferocity and malicious magic.

8 Likes

My number one favorite will always be the Cheetah, especially with the layers of complication added to Barbara and Diana’s relationship in recent years.

After that, Giganta. I like a tall redhead who takes no nonsense, and they don’t get much taller. :sweat_smile:

Rounding out my top three is the Blue Snow Man, just for sheer Marston-era wackiness.

8 Likes

Likewise.

I’m especially fond of Giganta as she was seen in “Who is Wonder Woman?”. I really dug that design of her.

8 Likes

I would go with Cheetah and Dr. Psycho. Both date back to the Golden Age, so they have a long history with Wonder Woman.

7 Likes

Cheetah for sure, specifically Rebirth Barbara Minerva.

9 Likes

@SteveTrevor2.0 Sounds like a thread for you.

I am going with Ares, especially when he comes off as a cunning threat showing that many smart people want war.

7 Likes

My favorite comic take on Ares will forever be George Perez’s rendition, but for the outside media, I love how Michael York played him on Justice League Unlimited.

He was smooth, but oozed evil as well.

6 Likes

I have always liked Silver Swan for some reason. I remember very little about her now, but I would say her. I think the normal are Ares, Cheetah, Circe, Doctor Psycho and Gigante, but some others have more substance to them.

7 Likes

Cheetah (with preference to the Pricilla Rich one)

favorite off the beaten path pick: Angle Man

8 Likes

Gosh its fun to see what villains are peoples favorites and why. :smile_cat:

For my own little top five it would have to be…

1. Blue Snowman
  2. Duke of Deception
  3. Hypnota
  4. Tigra Tropica
  5. Vulture King
8 Likes

Paula von Gunther, for sure.

8 Likes

For some reason the original Silver Swan, stuck a chord with me, so I will have to give her the vote. Otherwise, I’d have to say, I enjoyed it when sweet Artemis was a villain to her.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tag, @MatthewHecht!

Here’s my list:

1. Cheetah, but don’t make me chose between Priscilla and Barbara. Heck, I even liked Debbie. Sebastian I could have lived without.

2. Giganta, whether as an evolved gorilla or a circus strongwoman.

3. Dr. Psycho. Loved him in the Golden Age, find him chilling in the modern.

4. Any villains from Greek mythology.

Agreed. She has a nice aesthetic and cool power set.

Awesome pick! He always has an angle.

Another awesome pick. Loved how she became the Amazon’s chief scientists in the Golden Age. Hope she’s currently doing okay on Reform Island!

8 Likes

Yes, that’s a major reason why I picked her.

7 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @AlexanderKnox! :partying_face: :fire: Thanks for being a great member of the community!

In theme with the thread, Cheetah is my favorite Wonder Woman villain. :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

Happy anniversary @AlexanderKnox

4 Likes

Happy anniversary, @AlexanderKnox!

3 Likes