📚Which Underrated Series Deserves An Omnibus or Absolute Edition? 📚

An Omnibus is a hardcover collection of a huge amount of books.

Absolute editions are oversized collections. I’d say about double the size of a regular comic book.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions, and WOW! Great to see some new folks sharing their passion for collections here! Welcome to the Community @ocalarazdans.55704 , @darctic and @rymac0513.67807 !

I for one am loving seeing all the deep dives into our history, and I have to second the requests for The Question by Denny O’Neil and anything by Priest.

Can’t wait to hear from more members what they want on their shelves! :eyes:

6 Likes

I love all of this support for a Question by O’Neil Omnibus. It’s getting me all excited
3c8919a56a82740c90966b1941889a14

Also, Welcome @ocalarazdans.55704 , @darctic , and @rymac0513.67807

6 Likes

ylB :yellow_circle:

Omnibus Collections:

Falling In Love Vol. 1 (1955-1973), Heart Throbs Vol. 1 (1949 - 1972), Secret Hearts Vol.1 (1949-1971), Young Love Vol. 1 (1949 - 1977)

Absolute Edition:

20 Miles to Heartbreak by Barbara Friedlander and Alex Toth (serialized 4-part romance story originally published in Young Love # 78, Secret Hearts # 141, Secret Hearts #142, and Young Love #79)
colorBc6c3 :white_circle: :purple_circle: :orange_circle:

@Applejack, @Mae

5 Likes

Whenever i fall into a decompressed storyline hole, I read some of those books and just melt from the sheer amount of stuff Roy crams into a single issue funnybook.

3 Likes

Concerning the Secret Society of Super-Villians, there were two hardback volumes released a few years ago. I understand the appeal of an omnibus for some though.

As for the Robinson’s Starman, I actually love the six volume format. I am not the biggest fan of the huge Omnibus. To me, they are hard to hold and read, the spines do not hold up if you read them, and difficult to carry around if you wanted to.

Now that is just my opinion, if you like them then that is great! You like what you like and there is no reason to justify it.

I would like if more came out in the smaller hardback format. That is just me though.

3 Likes

And an Ambush Bug all in omnibus would be the bee’s knees, hint hint

3 Likes

I do think the 1999 Hourman series could use a one volume omnibus

3 Likes

I think these have been said already for Omnibus’s (Omnibusi?) but the 1993 Robin run. Impulse and Young Justice from the same time period, as well. And Young Justice. Mark Waid’s run on Flash.

There are others but I just can’t think of them right now. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka Omnibus - Both his early 2000’s run and Rebirth.

Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus. Needs a reprint! I own the first three volumes, the fourth had such a low print run, it was priced up to over $200 for used copies when I was tracking it down. Had to track down a library that had it to read!

Absolute Mutiversity. A big draw for me with Absolutes are the ones with massive back matter, and you know Grant Morrison would come up with that in spades.

Absolute Superman Smashes the Klan

Also second Absolute Mr. Miracle, Flintstones, and anything Denny O’Neill.

4 Likes

Sandman Mystery Theater (full run Omnibus)
I’ll be the 100th in line (apparently) for the Question collection as well.

2 Likes

In my mind, the perfect Denny O’Neil’s The Question omnibus would include:

• The Question #1-20
  • Detective Comics Annual #1 (Fables, Part 1)
  • Green Arrow Annual #1 (Fables, Part 2)
  • The Question Annual #1 (Fables, Part 3)
  • The Question #21-27
  • The Question Annual #2 (Losing Face)
  • Green Arrow Annual #2 (Saving Face)
  • The Question #28-36
  • Green Arrow Annual #3 (A Walk in the Wind)
  • The Question Quarterly #1-5
  • Showcase '95 #3 (The Question: Homecoming)
  • Azrael Plus #1 (The Anger, The Terror, and The Question)
  • The Question Returns #1

Optional: The Question #37 (Blackest Night tie-in)

5 Likes

No way could any normal human being sit on the can and enjoy them funnybooks…

1 Like

Why not? The entire 52 series is collected in one omnibus.

4 Likes

I tried the FOURTH WORLD omnibus in a hammock last summer, parts of me went numb. And i got that KIRBY-SIZED Galactus book, I gotta lay bellydown on the bed to enjoy that beastie.

3 Likes

I would like omnibus height books but keep the issue counts for series like Starman, Kirby’s Fourth World, and Gotham Central. I would even accept the original size hardcovers, just reprint them.

Marvel has reprinted their most popular omnibuses several times over. I don’t understand why DC can’t do that. We don’t need another printing of Watchmen or Dark Knight. Give us the three series above!

4 Likes

I would definitely like to see omnibus editions of John Ostrander’s Spectre.

3 Likes

Updates I just got today:

10 Likes

That’s awesome.

3 Likes

Okay… what I’d love to see in Omnibus…

1. Cassandra Cain Batgirl

2)Russ Heath greatest war stories and stuff… ( he is a never mentioned great artist!)

1. PLOP! I would almost sell all my Batman T-Shirts and Batmobile’s to get an Omnibus of this hilarious classic from the 70’s!
7 Likes