Which theme song is better:1978 Superman or 1989 Batman?

89 batman all day! I was actually humming it today!

1 Like

Adore 1989 Batman but 1978 Superman (whole soundtrack) is epically marvelous!!

2 Likes

Superman, and “Man of Steel” :slight_smile: then “The Dark Knight”

1 Like

Wow that’s TOUGH. The Superman theme by John Williams is nothing short of a classic, and he was on a roll with a string of classic film themes at that time. It evokes the nobility of Superman, and you can almost feel him flying while hearing it.

Danny Elfman’s Batman theme was another instant classic by a master at the top of his game, and from those opening notes it felt as if the music rose out of the same shadows as Batman himself. Bonus points that it also became the theme for the Animated Series, which kids around the world heard every day after school.

If I HAD to choose, I’d go with the Superman theme…but not by much.

2 Likes

1978 Superman theme still the best superhero movie theme IMO.

2 Likes

Superman’s theme is iconic, But the ‘89 Batman theme changes the game. Simply put it’s a more interesting piece of music.

John Williams’ Superman theme from 1978 is one of the most iconic and recognizable pieces of music. So transcendent that it’s been in more media than just Superman movies. The Superman theme was used as recently as Deadpool 2 marketing. Elfman’s Batman theme is a great piece of music…but the Superman theme is up there with Star Wars theme and Indiana Jones themes as timeless/iconic music synonymous with its series!!!

3 Likes

Both themes

1 Like

Superman Theme is one of the all time greats. Elfman? Cmon now…

John Williams’ Superman theme is iconic. It is the music that will always be associated with Superman. Elfman’s Batman score is fantastic but still to this day has not taken over association with the character. That honor still belongs to Neil Hefti’s Batman theme. Anyone will likely run around playing Batman singing Na-na-na-na Batmaaaaaaan!