Which theme song is better:1978 Superman or 1989 Batman?

Both themes are both awesome but also so different from each other. Which do you like better?

3 Likes

Ooh that’s a really tough one but I of course have to go with Batman’ s

1 Like

Superman. John Williams is the best.

3 Likes

Hard one! I would have to go with Superman theme, In my mind (No puns intended) I could see Superman go into action. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Superman’s theme is in my head. I think I bought the soundtrack.

I will have to watch Batman to hear his theme. I am not sure what it is.

2 Likes

I just played the beginning of Batman to hear the theme. Very stirring. Glad to have the movie back.

Still like Superman theme better.

2 Likes

Tough one. I think they are both equal.

2 Likes

I think 89 Batman holds up a lot better, but thats because it had the benfit of releasing 11 years later. Just basee on which one I’d rather watch, I’d say Batman 89

3 Likes

Can’t choose for this one, as I love them both. One thing I’ll say though, is that to me, they’re both perfect embodiments of the heroes they were created for. Very well-suited for each. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not quite sure how this is a question… I figured Superman would be the definitive answer. Almost everyone in the planet knows that theme the moment it goes on. Batman’s is nowhere near as iconic.

1 Like

The question wasn’t about which is more iconic though. It’s which is the one we find better and well it was never going to be one sided in opinions regarding either song

The old Superman theme was just the Star Wars theme with a few notes rearranged.

Nah I don’t hear it but even if so, the star wars theme is amazing too

1 Like

They are both great, but the Superman theme is better and-- more importantly–it’s iconic.

1 Like

Superman by far. Not even close.

1 Like

Both are great, but I would go with Superman.

1 Like

Superman. John Williams > Danny Elfman

1 Like

Superman. No contest, but obviously both great themes.

1 Like

Superman

1 Like

I’d go with Superman, but I have to agree with the sentiment above that both themes are perfectly suited to the characters they represent.

1 Like