The Justice League

OR

The Justice Society of America

3 Likes

JLA easily

2 Likes

The justice society are no joke they can definitely throw it down with the JL

2 Likes

Both in their prime, JSA all day. (Depends on the exact league/society makeup)

Doctor Fate, The Spectre, Hourman, Flash (Jay Garrick), GL (Alan Scott is the OG), Sandman, Hawkman, Wonder Woman, Sandman and The Atom (Al Pratt). Ok, the last 2 are a bit underpowered but Dr Fate and The Spectre (especially) are two of the most powerful characters in the DCU. And they counter Superman and Batman, the JLA’s heavy hitters very well. Superman doesn’t do well against the magic thing.

The original JLA had GL (Hal Jordan), Flash (Barry Allen) Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Even if you add Superman and Batman to the team, they are still down, just by sheer numbers.

Figure the WW’s cancel each other out. Barry is faster than Jay, but Jay is no push over to Barry. Alan Scott can take Hal. Fate would give Batman fits. Hourman vs Aquaman, on land at least, is a pretty even matchup. Sandman and Al Pratt, and Hawkman triple teaming Manhunter. That leaves Superman vs The Spectre. My money goes on The Spectre. If Fate or The Spectre get their opponent contained, they double team with any of the remaining match ups and it’s good night JLA.

JSA all freakin day.

3 Likes

In terms of pure power (and depending largely on the makeup) the Justice League will most likely come out on top more times than not.
In terms of my pure fanboy-ness? JSA for life!

4 Likes

Now I love The jsa but come on

3 Likes

The JSA for their historical value, and the JLA for their marquee value.

3 Likes

Justice League. Any team with the Trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman wins out.

However I love the team members on the JSA.

1 Like

Which version? Top 3 in order Pre-Flashpoint JLA, New 52 JSA, Justice League unlimited team.

Thunder, my thoughts exactly.

Can I be completely honest? Between the JLA and JSA, I’m going to have to go with the Avengers.

Avengers only assemble things, helpful with IKEA purchases but useless against the Legion of Doom

3 Likes

In terms of sheer power and marketing and all that? The JLA. However, just as with the Avengers, I feel like most of the Justice League only views one another as friends or co-workers at best. The only ones who are really close are the Trinity. Sure, Hal and Barry are almost inseparable, but again, that’s an isolated case.

The JSA, at least in the Geoff Johns/David Goyer run in the early 2000’s, felt more like a family. It’s the same thing with the Teen Titans. That’s why I’ll always take the Teen Titans, the JSA, the Doom Patrol, the X-Men, Young Avengers or the Runaways (who aren’t even superheroes, just metahuman teens trying to live their life on the run) over the obvious Justice League or Avengers.

@mgstv
If Lex Luthor doesn’t own majority stock in Ikea, my life is a lie.