Which Penguin did it best?

The guy from Gotham owned that character in a way danny devito never could because devito only got to play him for a short period of time during the shooting of batman returns where as the guy from Gotham has played him for years

1 Like

Devito with mad respect for Taylor. Maybe because that was my 1st Batman but those sewer scenes and the way he appeared on the big screen when I was a teenā€¦he ā€œwasā€ the penguin.

1 Like

Definitely the one from Gotham

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised this thread lives!

Iā€™m going to throw in my love for Gothamā€™s Penguin as well. :slight_smile: Itā€™s such an interesting take on the character and I love how much development he gets.

1 Like

I gotta throw my hat in on this one, DeVito killed it in Returns.

3 Likes

:penguin: I love them both! Makes it So tough to choose a cosplay though. :penguin:

2 Likes

True dat

1 Like

With DeVitoā€™s version, I remember there was outrage over the Penguinā€™s origin since his parents abandoned him.

I have to go with Taylorā€™s rendition, mostly because heā€™s thinner than most renditions of the Penguin. It added more for me, particularly when he would kill people.

But I am glad i scanned the thread because my first Penguin is Burgess Meredith. Which is where most of the Penguins to follow sort of followed suit.

I will also make mention of the Penguin on The Batman animated series (in this one, Batman is voiced by Rino Romano) just because of a speech he gives about performing a crime involving a bird related stunt or gag and he goes on describing the formula. For lack of a better term, it is rather meta.

1 Like

Neither, Burgess Meredith is the best penguin.

Devito was playing a guy who thinks heā€™s a fish and wants to kill all first borns by becoming Mayor. Very Tim Burton escā€¦but not comic book Penguin in the slightest.

I really enjoyed Gothamā€™s Penguin.

Devito was playing a guy who thinks heā€™s a fish and wants to kill all first borns by becoming Mayor. Very Tim Burton escā€¦but not comic book Penguin in the slightest.

I really enjoyed Gothamā€™s Penguin.

How did I not see this post? I gotta go with Burgess Meredith, he was the actor that made me a fan of the character. Danny Devito was also great. :penguin:Wish Penguin was in a Christopher Nolan Batman film, glad to hear he might be in the next Batman film, canā€™t wait to see whoā€™ll play him. :slightly_smiling_face: