Which older series would you like to see as a trade or omnibus ?

Personally the one series I’d love to see as a complete collection in print would be Infinity Inc. It was one of the series that interested me most as a junior high aged reader back in the 80s and I’d love to have a printed copy again without chasing down all those single issues my mom threw away long ago all over again.

4 Likes

All-Star Squadron. Also this one would likely appeal to no one but me, but would love one featuring the Adventure Comics run of Dial H For Her, as well as the DC COmics Presents and backup stories in Superboy that run went on to do.

5 Likes

Aurora I hope you have been enjoying that big luscious 52 omnibus (my carpel tunnel in my left wrist is twitching just thinking of dealing with the weight of that one).

I’ve been grieving that DC stopped publishing Superman: The Man of Tommorow v1 that has the beginning of the Silver Age Superman run in Action and Superman ( mostly missing here on DCU or anywhere digitally). Imagine if they even went beyond that sampler and did an Omnibus that STARTS with Superman 132-139 / Action Comics 255-266 but then at least goes 2 or 3 times further in!

1 Like

I bet Mr.marooned has some thoughts…

1 Like

Yo, Rex The Wonder Dog and Captain Carrot Omnibus. It needs to happen. I’d settle for a couple of TPB for Pete sake.

2 Likes

Hawkworld. Also Amethyst.

1 Like

Oh! And a reprint of the Starman series. I have no clue why that hasn’t happened yet.

Oh! And a reprint of the Starman series. I have no clue why that hasn’t happened yet.

My top two choices:

-Warlord volume one
-John Byrne’s run on Superman

Both are overdue for the omnibus treatment. I’d love to see those get Absolute releases too.

4 Likes

Oh, and Sandman: Mystery Theater. Can’t believe I almost forgot about my boy Sandman

2 Likes

We’re long, long overdue for a Question omnibus collecting Denny O’Neil’s work.

4 Likes

I may be crazy but I get the deep sense that somebody in the DC chain of command is actually watching, in some sense, what we’re saying here on these community boards…maybe a distilled statistical thing Applejack has to turn in weekly?.. but I just keep seeing stuff that we talked about here suddenly becoming real months later so who knows maybe some of these omnibuses will come out or at least some of the stuff will be digitized here!!

I want Denny O’Neil’s question reprinted

1 Like

Detective Comics before batman

1 Like

Really want a Batman: Black and White Omnibus.

After reading the early parts of the series, I would love to see the original Checkmate series collected in an Omnibus format. The series itself runs for a good length and if you add the issue of Action Comics along with the other parts of The Janus Directive, you’ve got something pretty special.

This thread inspired me last night to use some Amazon money my son gave me for Fathers day and go ahead and purchase a hardcover of Superman: the Man of Tomorrow Archive vol 3 so I can at least get some of these older Silver Age foundational Superman and also Action Comics in color that aren’t here yet.

1 Like

See you on Groundhog Day 2020 in Punxsutawney, Aurora, along will hopefully others from the DCU community that day!!

Warlord