Which is worse? Superman 4 or Superboy (Tv series)

Both have really awful special effects but the acting is way worse in Superboy

2 Likes

Catwoman.

3 Likes

Superman 4 wasn’t worse than the other old Superman movies.

I may be in the minority but I like Superman 4 better than Superman 3.

I’ll take the comedy of the bad special effects over the “comedy” they were going for in 3. Not to mention that horrifying scene with the woman in the machine. I hated that so much as a kid.

2 Likes

I’m going to say 4 because that actually had a film budget yet still re-used the same flying shot for every scene. Plus, rebuilding the wall with some sort of ’ brick vision’!? C’mon, Canon films…

1 Like

IV had a budget, then lost most of it thanks to the cheapskates at Golan/Globus. How do you and why would you cut the budget for a Superman movie? Chuck Norris Buys Some Bologna XXV (or whatever “films” of his they financed over and over) are one thing. Cutting the scratch for a Superman movie (whose star and screenwriter wanted to get the series back on track with this movie) is, as Zod said: “Heresy!”

2 Likes

Superman IV is over in 90 minutes.

With Superboy, you have to suffer through four whole seasons.

(I actually enjoy both in many ways, but there are a LOT of painful Superboy episodes)

What’s the name of Clark’s buddy in the first season of Superboy?

Margot Robbie likes IV over III? I’m surprised she’s seen them but good for her.

@Vroom You mean discount Jimmy Olsen?

Yeah, that weiner! In the season one episodes I’ve seen, he’s quite annoying (and that’s being charitable).

Stacy Haiduk as Lana kind of makes up for him. Well, not really. She was on SeaQuestDSV.

1 Like

IV was the worst. I liked the Superboy series.

I’d say Kristin Kreuk was the prettiest Lana but Haiduk’s pretty too. She’s a redhead so that’s a big advantage.

I thought you said Margot Robbie had seen Superman III and IV. Maybe I read it wrong. Yeah, Kidder didn’t care for Lester too much so she got the scoot from III. It worked out fine though because Annette O’Toole was a perfect Lana.

Superman IV is worse. Superboy was a fun little show that worked very well with it’s small budget. Also it used to air before My Secret Identity which was away.

I think some people from the comics worked on Superboy too so it had that going for it. Which is nice.

Kristin Kreuk had a very warm, comforting feel to her I really dug.

1 Like

Easily the Superboy Series. Even as horrible as Quest for Peace is, it still had Reeve, Hackman, Kidder, Cooper, and even Cryer in it’s cast.

I’ve never watched Superboy, so I vote for that. I haven’t watched Superman IV in a long time, but it used to give me nightmares whenever I saw it as a kid, and somehow I still want it to be worthy of that. :joy: