which is better Teen Titans 2003 or Teen Titans Dcau movies

I want to know what is your opinion on both Titans.

Animated movies, especially the cold open for Judas Contract … because it had Wally in it.

Of course, Young Justice beats them both. (In my humble opinion)

1 Like

I’m leaning toward 2003, because I generally enjoy character-driven stories more than plot-driven ones, and it made me care about characters I hardly knew of before watching.

On the flip side, I also liked the animated movies, but it’s mostly because they feature characters and stories I enjoyed in other media first.

So, like… TT2003 made me love the Titans. Had I seen the animated movies first, I’m not sure I’d be as much of a fan as I am.

1 Like

I love the 2003 cartoon but I absolutely hate the way they changed Starfire in it. The DCAU movies have a perfect Kori and The Judas Contract was a pretty good film, but I don’t like Damian with the Titans, he’s better with Bruce and/or Dick who can actually put him in his place when he’s being annoying.

So I say they both have their strengths and weaknesses and I like both.

1 Like

The animated movies had good points, but I found the tv series to be more enjoyable. Of course, my loathing for Damian probably factors into that significantly. I, personally, don’t think that the series Starfire was that different from her comic counterpart. She, like all the characters in this action-comedy series, had traits exaggerated for comedic effect, but the biggest difference was simply that less emphasis was placed on her role as the innocent fanservice girl, which allowed other aspects of her character to become more prominent.

2 Likes

The animated movies, followed by the Young Justice iterations of the characters.

2 Likes

I favor the animated movies. The 2003 series just doesn’t click with me. It felt (especially at the time) like just another Western attempt to ride the popularity of the Japanese cartoons that had flooded the market in the wake of Pokemon’s success. I’d gladly rather watch the Filmation Teen Titans over it.

2 Likes

1 Like

Out of the two, I prefer the DCAU movies over the cartoon series. I just couldn’t get into the cartoon series as compared to the movies (or Young Justice).

1 Like

I love having Damian and would love a show about the DCAU Titans.

1 Like

The 2003 version. You see them truly bond as a team. While not a classic interpretation of Raven, the really sarcastic edge suited her. She is my favorite incarnation of Raven.

I think the movies have lost a bit of Starfire’s sense of joy. Titans certainly has, which is an issue for me. Star is just a badass regardless, based on her sheer raw power. To have that wrapped up in an upbeat character who is also adapting to earth customs and relationships is an interesting juxtaposition.

2 Likes